“Khao Soi Is mmmmmmmmmm good...”

Peppermint Coffee House
Ranked #16 of 95 Dessert in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Great Thai, Western, and English food - Open Everyday 0800 to 2200,
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am now officially a Chiang Mai resident and not just playing tourist. I read some of these comments and you wonder if others dont confuse one place with another. Since I basically eat out all my meals I spend alot of time in restaurants and now being here almost 2 months I have basically made 2 restaurants my "go-to" places. And Peppermint Coffee House is one of them. I find Thapanee and Robert the owners to be always there, attentive, personable and their food selections, servings and taste goes along with 2 owners being the best at their craft. The staff is on top of things, the coffee is freshly brewed each time and no watery Nescafe at this place and the music list is very wide. So go where you may but know that the Peppermint is the REAL deal and I go there alot.

There are newer reviews for Peppermint Coffee House

Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a pleasant surprise to find this little cafe located on a quiet soi in the heart of the old city. Between my four friends and myself we have eaten our way through much of their varied menu in the three times we have been there, and we have never been disappointed. I have to admit I have eaten the masaman curry twice in my three visits, it's that good. Also excellent is the vegetarian khao soi.
This little cafe has it all, a relaxed and cozy atmosphere, live plants and candles, great music, very attentive staff and super friendly owners. You can't go wrong eating here.

2  Thank ellen s
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were a bit surprised that this cafe has got "certificate of excellence". We believed the rating must have changed since they've got it. Food was average. Staff was arrogant. Coffee was satisfying as lots of other modern cafes offered to us.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Came to peppermint with high expectation, due to high T.A rating. Nice location tucked away down alley. Polite and friendly service, no doubt. But after so many quality meals in the last 3 weeks, left here slightly disappointed. We had Tom yum Goong, spicy, it was the most bland one I've had in CM or Thailand to be honest. Massaman curry gai, just didn't pack the flour I was looking for, had better ones in oz. khao pad moo was slightly gluggy, and lacked taste also. The Penang chicken my wife had was quite nice however. We had a far superior meal at a restaurant across from our hotel, U chiang mai, at a place that doesn't even have a T.A rating. I guess the moral may be that T.A ratings aren't everything and to try other places also...

1  Thank Henryboy78
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food and atmosphere at Peppermint Coffee house is fantastic! The owners, Robert & Thapanee help to create a warm and welcoming environment that quickly feels like home. The menu is extensive - I highly recommend the yellow curry - the BEST I've ever had. They also have some American/Western items on their menu that are great as well. It's hard-if not impossible - to not fall in love with Peppermint.