“Expensive for what it is”

Panda Tour & Trekking
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Initially we wanted to do a hike in the doi inthanon, for a guide, travel and the two persons that would have cost 3000 to 4000 baht. As my wife was not feeling to well went for this tour, which cost only 2000 baht and was a bit lighter. We had to pay upfront, which was a bad thing because my wife was still ill the second day and could not join. We never saw the money back, even though we were 12 for the tour so they had an enormous profit margin(given that they can do a private tour for 4000).

The sights during the trek were beautiful, the waterfall is ok but a bus of tourists
busses dropped there every 45 min, the guides are not in good shape and can barely communicate in English.

I would recommend taking a taxi to the DOI inthanon and organize a guide there youself

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I rode elephants in Koh Lanta at a more commercialised place, but the experience with these elephants i Chiang Mai was vastly different and so much better. It's ore natural and you learn elephant language and why and ow the Mahouts do certain tings to train and interact with the ellies. We were a lovely group and we all had a HUGE (excuse the pun!) amount of fun! We fed them, bathed tem, rode them bareback and played in the mud with them. A very memorable day and the plain lunch aterwards was also good. Not so over-commercialised.

1  Thank Siobhanr292
Reviewed January 31, 2013

While I can definitely see that this experience is not for everyone, and can imagine that the quality of each tour could be quite erratic, I am happy to say that the tour we experienced with Panda Tours was great fun, and truly memorable. We were lucky to be with a really good group of people, who made the trip a special experience. Everyone involved was pretty easy going, and didn't expect it to be luxurious or something which runs like western efficiency. Our guides were some of the nicest people possible, so I am very surprised at reviews who found them rude. I can imagine that cultural differences may be to blame though. We had a great experience overall. The guides were very hospitable and entertaining, and we made good friends with them over the 2 days. The hike we went on was pretty tough, but something which most people could handle at a fair pace. Especially the type of people who sign up for a "jungle trek". I would suggest that it is a case of being prepared for something out of your comfort zone, it is not luxurious by any means, but something which is a great holiday experience and way to see and do something pretty different.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We joined the elephant tour in mid jan and it was a great experience having a bath with the elephants, riding them alone and walking through river and wood. The camp itself is non industrialized and provides a basic, natural atmosphere. A great place for having a good day.

1  Thank MorkelSan
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The tour was well organised with no problems, just a wonderful and unique way to spend Christmas day with family and new friends!

2  Thank swynllew