“Comfortable outside seating and good food”
Review of Miguel's Cafe

Miguel's Cafe
Ranked #104 of 2,058 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, CO
“Comfortable outside seating and good food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We enjoyed our Mexican food at Miguel's, which felt more authentic than you might expect in Thailand. The outdoor seating is quite nice as well. A little Cholula or some Mexican spice would have bumped the food up to a 5, but overall it was very nice.

1 Thank tcldenver

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
“When in Chiang Mai - Try Mexican food for a break!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My traveling companions from Texas saw this mexican place and we just had to stop and take a break from our Thai diet.

What a great call, excellent food, beer cold and margaritas pretty good. Service was quick and efficient, and although the restaurant is open air the fans kept the temperature within tolerance. One important fact the ladies in our parties pronounced the bathrooms both western and very clean.

• Visited March 2013
Chiang Mai
“Best Tex-Mex in Chiang Mai”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I eat here weekly so I'm biased. Originally from California thus I need my Mexican food fix. Their salsa is out of this world, the portions are HUGE and the service rapido!! Highly recommend the taco salad. Prices are also uber cheap for the amount of food you're served. Margaritas are strong and cheap!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Best Mexican food in Chiang Mai!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've traveled all over Mexico. This isn't exactly 'authentic', but it's delicious, and a HUGE step up from the competition. I LOVE some Mexican food and since moving to Chiang Mai, have eaten at every Mexican place I can find (El Diablo, Loco Elvis, and even the 'other' Miguels down south is not as good). It's a bit pricey for Chiang Mai standards, but my favorite was the 250 baht combo (mini burrito, enchilada, taco, refried beans, rice). If you're in Chiang Mai, and have a craving for some great Mexican food, check this place out!

The only complaint that I have is that there is no aircon, and the fans were not doing the job. I've eaten at Miguel's a few times, and it feels like you're sitting in an oven.

San Francisco, California
“Rare Find in Thailand”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'm a Californian. I grew up on Mexican food. I live in the Mission district of San Francisco. Latin food surrounds me. I frequently travel to Thailand and the first food I always eat when I come back to the San Francisco is to make a run to my local Tacqueria. Why? Because I have never been able to find good Mexican food in the Land of Smiles. When I met the owner of Miguel's in a local bar and he told me he had a Mexican resteraunt... I scoffed. He challenged me to go check it out. I took my Thai friend the next day and was pleased that his first taste of the cuisine from America's southern neighbor was good enough. I ordered too much food because I wanted to see how it all tasted... cheese Enchilada... beef Enchilada... refried beans... rice. All tasty. A key for me.. was the cheese salty and smooth enough to be the same as the Queso I adore back home. yes. Were the refried beans made with enough lard content? Perhaps not.. but close. In 10 years of travelling to the Kingdom this is the best Mexican I have tasted. Give it a shot.. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013