“A slow down hill trend for an old favorite”
Review of Miguel's Cafe

Miguel's Cafe
Ranked #90 of 2,173 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The first time I went to Chiang Mai I was happy to find this nice little place just out side of the moat on the North east corner of old town. I nice open air cafe style place to sit and relax. Over the years I had returned to this place every month or so. Last week I went to their other outlet at 89 plaza across town that I was told is still run by the same people.
Clean and nice, I decided to park myself at the full bar for lunch alone. I had an hour lunch break from work. Place was not that crowded, staff friendly enough with English to get by.
Ordered a pulled Pork sandwich from their Tex-Mex menu. Nothing like the photo, Pork was tough and sauce was water like and quickly ran out on my shirt.. After struggling through that I thought I would make things better by ordering the Deep fried Apple burrito with ice cream. Some thing I have enjoyed time and time again over the years. Nearly 30 minutes later in a nearly empty restaurant with minutes before I had to return to work a very dry apple burrito arrived. Not like I ever had before, No sauce, and very dry,. I made comment about it and they said the sauce was inside, (not like the photo) yet it was a few dry apples there too.

Though I made comments, nothing was done about it. Sadly this may be the last time after monthly stops there over the last 7 years for me

There are newer reviews for Miguel's Cafe

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Still very good, having been a regular visitor over the years. Good size portions & tasty food. I'm not an aficionado of Tex mex or Mexican food, but I certainly enjoy what Miguel's has to offer.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We live in Chiang Mai, and have frequent cravings for good Tex Mex and have found no reason to go anywhere else but to Miguel's. The Dos Amigos plate is always a favorite, and they have surprisingly good beef fajitas as well. Their guacamole, when in season, is fantastic. Note, their salsa is a bit spicy, even for this Texan...but the food is consistently delicious, and the wait staff are cheerful and accommodating.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

After many attempts and misses along the way, we approached Miguel's with low expectations and had them absolutely shattered. While purists might not love it, the Tex Mex fare on offer was the best Mexican I've had not just in Thailand - but in Asia.

The place has a real hole in the wall feel to it, but don't let it put you off. We tucked into our Two Amigos combos, washed them down with some margueritas, and came back for more with dessert. Hell, we liked it so much we had it delivered to our hotel the next night!

It's not the real deal, but if you like Tex-Mex or 'American' Mexican, you're in for a real treat.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you want your Mexican fix, visit this restaurant. It's a great place with good service and tasty food. Good Value for money.

1  Thank 350highlandlassie