Ways to Experience Chiang Mai Night Safari
from $26.33
from $46.90
from $27.16
1,358 results
All reviews white tiger fountain show safari park animal shows giraffes predators prowl zones carriage zoos nocturnal interaction
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2020

Save money and choose Chiang Mai Zoo. It is only $7.50 AUD for the zoo plus extra for other attractions and add ons, you pay at the gate. The enclosures are clean and decent. The animals are not made to perform, they appear to be well treated.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

My husband & I busted with another couple. We all enjoyed an we’re very surprised that far more enjoyable than we expected! The safari was great fun. Many animals walk right up to the vehicle when it stops and you are able to pet them. I was even able to feed a banana (provided by the guide on our car) to a giraffe! That was quite an unexpected treat. In addition to the safari the showed were all enjoyed. Especially the tigers! Although I do confess feeling a bit of concern for the trainers who were in a cage with so many tigers as seemed quite dangerous, however, the tigers seemed to love the trainers. We have great videos of the white tiger hugging a trainer, tigers leaping into water to retrieve food, etc. it was a wonderful show! If we had more time, we would have returned!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2019

My boyfriend and I were really excited for this trip but were disappointed with the experience.
There was a lot going on in the park and people everywhere. The actual night safari felt super rushed and although some of the animals did come very close you kinda ‘zoomed’ past them. The tiger show was more than uncomfortable and hard to watch- I’d hate to think how they got the tigers to do the circus tricks that they did.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Debs T
Reviewed November 29, 2019

If you get bored of visiting zoos, this is a great place for you to have a go for new experience. You could determine the lives of nocturnal animals and enjoy some animal shows. Note that the food and drinks in this place are costly. Please prepare some for your own.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

The amount of animal abuse at this safari is ridiculous. I had to leave half way through the tiger show as I could no longer stand to see them being made to perform tricks as if it were a circus (weaving in & out of wooden poles, walking on a rolling barrel etc). Watching the tigers cower to the trainers showing they have clearly been mistreated was heart breaking. Honestly don’t know how this place has not been shut down already. Everywhere you looked there were animals being treated poorly, from meerkats on leads being passed around to a deer just walking around surrounded by people pushing & pulling at it. As I was leaving I heard some horrible sounds from inside one of the enclosures, I couldn’t see what was going on but it sounded as if an elephant was being hurt.Even if you have a stronger stomach than me I would not recommend the safari half of the second drive was spent listening to the guide saying all the animals are asleep & staring into a dark empty (Extremely small) enclosure.

Date of experience: November 2019