Book In Advance

from $57.60
from $137.00
from $105.00
More Info
All reviews tram ride feed the animals water show musical fountain animal shows fun experience night bazaar deer predators zones carriage zoos herbivores species vegetables program
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Very nice. It is as close to the Singapore night safari. recomnended for children who enjoy wild life

Reviewed 1 week ago

Now don't get me wrong, I love zoos, but for some reason the Chiang Mai Night Safari really didn't do it for me -your experience may vary. The tickets are a bit on the expensive side, almost $30 USD per person. The facility overall is okay, the fauna that are on exhibit seems to be in good condition and the enclosures seem to be well maintained. My insouciance or indifference to this place is that the Night Safari (which is a tram ride) takes visitors through a "safari" like tour to different parts of the zoo, to get up close to some of them (except with carnivores of course). The visitor can choose to ride the safari tram during the day or night. During the day, you can see lots of animals and you even get the chance to feed some of the animals (for a fee of course) like deers, antelopes, and giraffes. The trams are open, to give the visitor a full experience; therefore, the visitor is not only exposed visually, but of the olfactory sense as well. The smell is what you would expect with a bunch of animals in an enclosure -not that pleasant. As for the Night Safari tram ride, I felt that it wasn't as good as the day-time ride. The animals are harder to see and most of the animals they have on the Night Safari are not nocturnal. Again, for a fee, you have the opportunity to feed the deers, antelopes, and giraffes. The tour guides for both tram rides can speak English, but it's a spiel -they're scripted and sometimes the information about the animals they are describing are incorrect.

The Night Safari also have many shows you can attend, but they are of mediocre quality and not that entertaining. One example is the Tiger Show, which for me, wasn't that great, but could be very entertaining for younger children. My son is older, so it wasn't much fun for him, but what made it worse is the poor seating arrangements for the show. The show we attended was very crowded, so seating was very limited. To make things worse, many of the tourists didn't show much ettiequte and were standing in front of me and my family, completely blocking our view. Now to be fair, I don't blame them, they were being blocked by people in front of them, so the whole bad experience cascaded from the very front to the back of the bleachers. If you plan to visit the Night Safari in Chiang Mai, I would go on the off season and try to go on a day that isn't too crowded. I can't tell you when the place isn't "crowded," therefore you'll have to do your own research.

However, my biggest complaint regarding the Chiang Mai Night Safari is the mandatory use of "cash cards" there. What I mean in regards to "cash cards" is that you have to deposit or load money onto a card you purchase there. You can put as much as you want, but that is the only medium of monetary exchange that can be used at the zoo. In other words, it is the only form of currency the gift shops, restaurants, and snack shops accept. No one explained it to us and had to learn of this when we tried to buy a bottle of water. Later on, we discovered that many people were just as clueless as we were in regards on how to spend money at the Night Safari. The good thing is that if you don't spend all of the money you loaded onto your card, you can go to a kiosk where they will refund you the money you didn't spend.

Overall, my experience at the Chiang Mai Night Safari was just average, I would have given it a below average rating, but because I love animals and zoos in particular, just watching the animals was pleasant enough for me.
I suggest researching the least crowded day to go and get a "cash card" to purchase whatever you need at the zoo. Wear walking shoes and bring bug repellant for mosquitoes. Again, your experience may vary and you may have a better than average time there.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was upset to see the treatment of the tigers here, I saw a review that said this place was wonderful to the animals and I can’t say I agreed. Making tigers perform is not what I want, I want to see them do their own thing. The night safari however was very different, for 30 baht I paid for food for the animals along the way, the animals are just walking around and they all looked healthy. I really enjoyed the experience there.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

800 baht entry fee, but gets you into any of the shows you want. The tiger show was pretty good and the night safari was great, with giraffes and zebras walking up to the bus to say hello. Was easy to get a tuk tuk back into town afterwards. Recommend going for dinner in the buffet restaurant at the car park before entering the park, as food options within the park are limited. I went in the evening, though this would still be worth a visit during the day.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

I visited this place with guide and dinner at Giraffe Restaurant. The guide is very good in the sense we get to see all the tram zone, predator show and also white tiger show.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Chiang Mai night safari. We visited this place one afternoon and were amazed at this place. We are going to revisit ,this time for the night safari as what we didnt aee during our first visit we will definately get to see at night.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

The idea was good the execution was terrible. They don't give you a map in the beginning so we missed thing that shut down early. It's like any other zoo, nothing special. Just dark. Most of the animals are asleep and some look restless like they just wanted out of the cage. It's cute if you have little kids but not worth 800 bath.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

It was fine but not really worth the money , we booked the tickets with "Hmerkaz Lametayel" and the guy taking us from the hotel was the one to take us from show to show without the ability to hang around on our own, kids probably will like that but it's not the most exciting attraction for us.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I was impressed with the night Safari. The grounds are really first class and a good variety of animals. The night predators show was unlike anything I've seen. Spoiler; diving Jaguar.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

This is really a tram ride through the zoo. Most of the animals are caged up, except for zebras and giraffes. advertised as feeding the animals, but only if you manage to find the stand to buy food ahead of time. disappointing.

1  Thank Misha880