“Expensive compare with other food in Chiang Mai”
Review of Mike's Burgers - CLOSED

Mike's Burgers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The price for an ordinary burger is high if you compare it with other restaurants.
I went there with 3 friends and we had to wait for about 25 minutes. The staff was friendly but the burger tasted like burned. I only ate a bit from the inside. Very disappointed .

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I love eating at Mike's burger especially the location by the moat. I always get the daily special and share the frys/coke with my wife. The food...well its a burger joint. The food is greasy and tastes like heaven. Best served as hangover food.

1  Thank Fitz_Simon
Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was a late night as our tuk-tuk powered towards our hotel. Mike's diner style facade loomed out like an oasis and we hurriedly had our driver pull over so we could dose up on late night grease.

It's no frills American style burgers and it hit the spot. The bacon cheeseburger is a flavourful little heart attack inducer and the combo is streets ahead of a greasy bit of McDonalds or Burger King.

1  Thank AussieOnTheRoadcom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Mike's Burgers offers a decent burger, on par with the quality you can find 100 yards away at Burger King, at a cheaper price on the one hand, but minus the comforts of peace and quiet and A/C on the other. BK's service is significantly better.

Food: Similar quality to Burger King, better than McDonalds.

Restaurant (building): Fixed, permanent, covered open air stand under a roof. I am familiar with two locations: One is right on the moat, about 100 yards from the Tha Pae Gate, so I will never eat there -- way too noisy with heavy traffic passing by, literally 10 feet from where you are eating. The other location, at the entrance to the Muay Thai boxing / girlie bar complex does not open until 5 pm, but is much quieter, on Loi Kroh Road, which has light vehicle traffic, and the restaurant is further from the street, maybe 10 yards. BK, about 100 yards from the latter location at the Night Bazaar, is air conditioned, with ambient comforts.

Service: Average to indifferent.

Conclusion: I eat about two burgers per month. I can take Mikes or leave them. If it's hot out, or if I'm feeling irritable, I'll go to BK for the A/C or to avoid the possibility of indifferent service, respectively.

1  Thank fastidious_T
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Mike's is my kind of burger joint: simple, straight forward, and not a drop of pretentiousness. Located just a little bit north of the east gate to the city, the restaurant consists of a few stools along the sidewalk next to the counter.

Ordering is simple; you pick the burger you want and the lady behind the counter makes it for you the way you want. No fuss, no muss. A bacon chessburger with fries and a drink will set you back about 5.50 american.

Final thought: Nothing really special but perfect for when the burger craving catches up to you in Chiang Mai.