“From great food to terrible food! Shame on you!”
Review of Mike's Burgers - CLOSED

Mike's Burgers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 14, 2012

------original review-------
ID#: 144981306

The original Mikes on the moat in Chiang Mai served the best burgers, cheeseburgers, french fried potatoes, deep fried onion rings, hot dogs, cheese dogs, chili dogs, etc I've ever found. The Best!! I used to eat there almost every time I passed it on the moat road. I couldn't resist those rich, fatty, juicy, dogs and burgers. Take it from me, they were they good!

Each meal might have taken a few days off my life, but they were worth it! Crunchy deep fried onion rings, juicy cheeseburgers with the fat running down your cheeks, washed down with real milk shakes. The absolutely BEST BAD FOOD I HAD EVER TASTED. And I lived in America before, so I've eaten a lot of fries and burgers and shakes.

Then Mikes expanded. Franchised out to about 8 restaurants, and I wrote to them about franchise information. Wrote twice and nobody ever wrote back. But that was OK. I could still eat there, right?

But no, that wasn't right either. I couldn't believe how bad the food got and how fast it got bad after they expanded. I ate at their store in Ghad Suan Gao (sp?) Shopping Center twice and couldn't believe the change. I tried it twice, because I thought the first time was maybe a fluke, but the second time the food was even worse. Now I don't eat there any more.

But when I walk by his restaurants, I always look, and I see that they are usually empty or nearly empty -- even the one right by the main entrance at Ghad Suan Gao -- when other restaurants in the food court around it are usually busy. The original one on the Moat Road also seems to be pretty quiet these days, but if I were going to try Mike's again, I guess that's the one I'd try.

Seems to me like nobody cares about Mike's any more. That's too bad, because I think Chiang Mai had a real treasure there, and now it's gone.

There are newer reviews for Mike's Burgers

Reviewed November 1, 2012

unlike other reviews i have seen i would put this burger up any other in town for what a good burger tastes like...thick, frozen but cooked well, limited condiments,,,,no mayo as an example......french fries again frozen variety but not bad.....again condiments lacking there.....ranch/blue cheese dressing missing....but for what they say they sell, they do and its above average clearly...

Reviewed October 21, 2012

the outlet near my hotel was open till 3 am . i was hungry at one night and wanted to go out for a snack most shops were closed some open but were selling full meals then i came across this mike's buger ordered a chicken burger and i must say superb burger. the patty was juicy and delicious.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great food at the right price. Staff well trianed I watched a new recruit being put through the paces, the bits had to be placed exactly correct. Tight for space around the pavement when busy.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you're tired of Thai food, this is the place for hamburgers and hot dogs! Also fries and onion rings, shakes, etc.Yum! Familiar food.