“Good Italian food.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Delhi
“Good Italian food.”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We decided to try this place as it was just outside our hotel.
Being around a courtyard it looked neat and clean.

We ordered Garlic bread, Margeritha Pizza and a Nicose salad.

The Garlic bread and the Pizza were excellent. The portion of the Pizza was sufficient to feed more than 1 person so be careful as the size is big.
The same cannot be said about the salad. It tasted authentic but there was something missing (still can't pinpoint what was missing) to really classify as a very good dish.

Wanted to go and eat again but the other restaurants around it made us venture to try other places also.

A good place to eat Italian food.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Genuine Italian”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was educated and worked in Italy and have a lifelong association with and love of the country . So fresh to Chiang Mai, I stopped by the menu stand of Girasole. I was struck by how genuine it felt and by the unexpected accuracy of the Italian. All of which promised much.
I entered and simply had to have the home made Egg Fettuccine with Italian sausage and Mushrooms. t didn't disappoint in any way.
They also offer a surprisingly accessibly priced house white and red - in a country where punitive tax of over 400% on wine makes it a rare companion to a meal.
When I saw the pizzas being brought to other tables, again it was their authenticity which struck me. I've since been back a few times and can now vouch personally for that. I've also learned that the owner, Stefano, is Italian.
I haven't yet delved deeply into other areas of the menu though I did have a quite splendid generous sized Pannacotta.
There may well be even better Italian restaurants in Chiang Mai but quite simply I don't need to know about them. Girasole will do me very nicely, thank you.

• Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly authentic Italian food”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I've lived, worked and studied in Italy and spent my life teaching Italian at University so, although more than happy to eat Thai food, I had to scrutinise the menu when I saw the name. It had an instant feel of authenticity and the passing pizzas fully backed up that first sensation.

However, I chose pasta with Italian sausage and mushrooms as I couldn't resist the home made egg Fettuccine. I was in no way disappointed. Especially since the house wine was most reasonably priced for Thailand where wine prices are simply exorbitant.

I've since been back a couple of times first of all to sample the promising looking pizzas. My Pizza Napolitana, my favourite, was commpletely satisfactory and, as with my pasta dishes, if I closed my eyes I could have been eating somewhere in Italy.

The Manageress, Lek, is most courteous, friendly and extremely competent and her staff thoroughly amiable.

If there's a better Italian restaurat in Chinag Mai, I don't really need to know about it. To date the Girasole has ht the spot every time.

Visited June 2014
Barbirey-sur-Ouche, France
“good and cheap italian food ”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

good italian food nice terrace and sweet prices. fast service and many choices. good location downtown close to a small handicraft shopping center with many restaurants.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Italian oasis from hustle and bustle”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My family wandered in off of the warm, chaotic market street into an air conditioned sanctuary where we were attentively attended by a gracious hostess and her staff. My Chardonnay was crisp and cold and the pizza was superb. I added toppings to modify their signature pizza to my exact preference and was more than happy with the results. The salad was tasty and the fresh bread yummy. Very good choice and exactly what I was after.

• Visited June 2014