“Would definitely go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ban wiang Guest House and Apartment
Ranked #268 of 710 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Would definitely go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were really happy with our choice to stay at Ban Wiang. The ladies in the office were wonderfully friendly and helpful! Always had a smile and wanted to know how our trip was going. They also wanted to know how our booked adventures had unfolded so they could recommend well to others in future (cooking classes, hikes, ziplining etc). The double room was cheap, clean and comfortable. The shower stood pretty much over the toilet but we found this to be pretty common in SE Asia so get used to it I say! The best thing about staying here really was the location. It's situated just down a side street which literally has everything u need on it! A massage parlour, a cafe (OMG Angel's Cafe, so good!) a laundry lady, a cooking school... We frequented all of these while we were there and got to know everyone quite well. Everyone was always friendly and happy to see us and made us feel really welcome and warm.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stay here for total 3 nights, first two nights in fan room, the room is clean and fan is good enough. We couldn't rent a bike for our Mae Hong Son loop due to Xmas holiday, the reception managed to arrange one for us and the bike shop actually ride the bike over to our guesthouse. Our big luggage is placed with them for 6 days. When we are back, we stayed in air-con due to full house, the room is big and clean as well. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Jesdotcom007
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Ban Wiang was the second place we stayed in Thailand. The service was very good. Our little friend Oi at the front desk was very helpful. The rooms were clean and nice enough. We were happy with our stay but must say the price seemed to be a little high for what it is.

• Stayed November 2011
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed here for about a week. It has a good location inside the moat, close to internet, restaurants, banks, and anything else you could want. The Owner was super nice, really sweet. The person who runs the place in the day time was OK, slightly rude at times, but it may have been a slight language barrier (we can giver her the benefit of the doubt). The room was clean and well kept. The place allows you to book trips, they will reduce the cost on the price stated (as everywhere in Thailand!). I am sure there are nicer places, but I don't doubt there are worse places!

Room Tip: You can barter the price of the room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

Out of the way of all of Chiang Mai's traffic noise but still only two minutes away from some great places to eat I was pretty well content here.

Good Staff that are happy to be helpful really made this a nice place to stay.

Couldn't recommend it enough really. Quite missed the place and the people once I'd left

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Livingston, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed at Ban Wiang for 4 nights. Overall, I liked the guesthouse. It has a fantastic location, is relatively clean and isn't expensive. I only had one serious problem with Ban Wiang and it has to do with the service.
Day 1: no toilet paper. I used the tissues provided in the room and asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room.
Day 2: no toilet paper. I finished the tissues, so I used my spare toilet paper (I just came from India). I again asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room.
Day 3:. no toilet paper. Is it seriously that difficult to put toilet paper in my room? I again asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room. I'm starting to get seriously annoyed.
Day 4:. no toilet paper. I again asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room. Now I am pissed off.
As a result, I switched to another guesthouse...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank easyriderj
Asia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

i came with a friend who was new to Chaing Mai just as i was ... the rooms were depressing in comparrison to the pictures on the wedsite and way overpriced compared to other nicer accomodation that can be found nearby... we found a much, much nicer room at half the cost just a few blocks away.... and i must say that i felt ripped off for paying extra for a/c that did not work!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends