“Fantastic experience”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The time spent in the half-day class was celebration of taste and atmosphere, pure formula of happiness. Come hungry!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank DrendelM

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great food, fantastic experience, engaging teacher, good for cooks and for beginners”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went with my boyfriend in a group of 12, on the half day class, it was great! The half day was enough for us, almost impossible not to cook the dishes well and have an amazing lunch. Teacher was funny, super organised and the class was really well run .. Well worth learning to cook Thai in Chiangmai

2 Thank Emmafromsydney
Toronto
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“So much fun!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a blast cooking with our teacher Sim, and our group of six others. We went to the food market and Sim answered many questions about the interesting fruits, vegetables and spices of the traditional cuisine. We made our yummy favourites, ate together, and were given a recipe book too! Sim was very nice and funny.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank nsmac
Dwight, Canada
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Great Experience- Bad Ending”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love to cook so going to a cooking school in Thailand was a dream come true for me. We chose the night cooking experience. It was fun to go to the market and look at all the various ingredients that were going into the food we were going to cook. Getting to the school and getting to choose what you wanted to cook was a plus. Everything came cut and prepared just for your own cooking experience. I think it was well organized and our cooking guide was amazing. He was on task making sure the food we were cooking did not burn. I only have positive things to say about the experience. Coming with an appetite is a must. There is so much yummy food. Everything tasted so good, unfortunately it did not stay in my stomach. That night I was violently ill from food poisoning. I am not blaming the school but it does seem to be coincidence that I had just eaten a huge meal.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Retired_teacher_56
Perth, Australia
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great fun, learnt lots”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were staying at the Secret Garden, and they suggested Siam Rice when we asked about a cooking course. We opted for the full day and both my husband and I really enjoyed it. It was 'full' in every sense, we made 5 dishes each and were well and truly full of food (and carrying doggy bags!) when we left.

We were picked up and dropped off which made things easier for us, not all cooking schools will pick up from that far out from Chiang Mai. The visit to the local market was interesting, lots of beautiful fresh vegetables and herbs, a few of them new to me. Then it was off to start cooking. Nancy was cheerful, helpful and kept us working hard! Some of the preliminary work had been done (eg chopping chicken into pieces) but we did a lot pretty much from scratch which was good. I particularly liked making curry pastes using a pestle and mortar, I think they really do taste better done that way than made in a blender.

The food wasn't difficult to make when we were shown how and it tasted great. Even the non-cooks produced impressive meals! I'm looking forward to trying out all the recipes at home. Definitely a high point of our visit to Chiang Mai.

Visited March 2013