“Outstanding place”
Review of PJ's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
PJ's Place
Ranked #147 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I booked PJ's place on the basis of the excellent TripAdvisor reviews - and we were not disappointed. The guest house sits a few hundred metres outside the old city tucked away off the main road. Peter and Jiab were excellent hosts and make you feel at home. The spacious air conditioned rooms are of a high standard. I would not hesitate staying here again. Breakfasts are cooked exactly to order.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhys D

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have worked in tourism for over 20 years and it is a pleasure to find a property like this. Excellent rooms, friendly and very personal service, high standard of cleanliness and care, ample choice and quantity at breakfast. Even the little things of a torch and umbrella in the room if you need it. Cannot be recommended more highly.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Every little detail of the villa is pampered. You can see that the owners really care. They try hard that you feel comfortable during your stay. The rooms are very tidy and clean. Even breakfast is being served with passion and smile. The Peter and Jiab are usually somewhere around with helpful hints and suggestions. It’s the best choice you could make.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Volf
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I spent a memorable week at PJ's Place during July 2012. The presentation and maintenance of the room and the whole facility was outstanding. I have never felt so valued as a client and pampered by the owners and staff of an accommodation venue as I was at PJ's Place.

Breakfast is served by the friendly staff each morning in the dining room with extra detail to my taste preferences not a problem.

The guest house is well located, just outside of the old city area of Chiang Mai. For those with a motorcycle license I can recommend the nearby motorcyle rental business.

Peter and Jiab are the perfect hosts; friendly, helpful but never in your face. I also used the tour guide services of Jiab for an unforgettable day of touring and highly recommend his very professional and well managed service.

PJ's Place was a definite highlight of my first trip to Thailand.

I will be returning to Thailand soon and I will not be looking at any other accommodation choice in Chiang Mai. Just outstanding in every respect!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level offer excellent privacy, but you can't go wrong with any room choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael1468
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My partner and I love Chiang Mai and this is now our third visit and third stay at PJs Place. I feel at home and relaxed as soon as I walk in, Peter and Jiab are very friendly and welcoming and so are their staff, Pa and Dang. Our room was again always spotless with fresh flowers and the art is beautiful. I have only read one negative review comment and that was about noise from the pool - but there is no pool! Can definitely recommend this guesthouse and will be staying here again.

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms, large enough for a couple to be comfortable in. There are also 2 suites, sep...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My partner and I enjoyed five quite wonderful nights at PJ's Place in Chiang Mai.

Your hosts are Peter and Jiab. Their small and very private guesthouse is located in a fabulous part of town with some delightful restaurants and classy night spots not too far away.

The guest house is extremely secure and is resort-like more than it is hotel-like. Each morning a delicious breakfast is offered, made all the more special by the attentive staff who take pride in getting to know your preferences quite early in your stay.

Jiab went out of his way to help us make onward travel arrangements by driving us to the bus station in advance of our departure, so we could make secure forward travel arrangements. We were ever so appreciative of his help. Again, it's that personalised service that made all the difference in this hotel. Good local travel advice was also available and they boys would gladly organise days out through their network of associates.

Our room was a split level villa. It was meticulously cleaned each day. Good, heavy curtains and quiet surrounds, ensured a restful sleep.

PJ's was very reasonably priced and considering the level of service that came with it, made it a top-value stay.

DO NOT hesitate to reserve your room at this place. Your hosts and their staff are superb. It was that good I'd go back to Chiang Mai just to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're staying more than a couple of nights consider taking a larger room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Peter and Jiab have a wonderful place. It's close to the old city and on a quiet soi. They were very helpful with directions and suggestions AND were attentive when one of us got sick. Our room was spotless! I recommend PJ's Place enthusiastically.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple