“Home away from Home”
Review of PJ's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
PJ's Place
Ranked #132 of 825 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2012

PJ's Place is one of the most pleasant guest houses that I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. My work takes me to many five-star hotels, but none can compare to PJ's Place where the service is so unobtrusive, the management so kind and friendly, and the rooms so clean and spacious. The entire place receives tender, loving care from the management and staff on a daily basis--nothing is neglected, nothing is too small or unimportant to not matter. The small but beautifully designed front garden with its flowing fountains is a perfect example of what I mean. PJ's Place is a tranquil oasis in an otherwise busy world.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Have just stayed for our second time at PJ's Place. It is so nice we couldn't wait to come back. This time we stayed in one of the 2 two storey villas - worth the extra money. Big living room downstairs with toilet, private courtyard & everything you'd expect in a quality guesthouse. Upstairs is another large room with big comfortable bed, large bathroom with bathtub & shower and a balcony. Whole place is very tastefully decorated. Owners & staff couldn't be more helpful & friendly. Definitely the best place I've stayed in Asia & will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Smilingjeff
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Nothing has changed with this charming B & B since the last time of our visit. It would be hard for this place to get better! Still very high quality for the rack rate. We are continually impressed with the immaculate condition of the rooms and toilets. Eggs as ordered full breakfast still note worthy. This property offers free transfers to and from the airport.

Room Tip: For three or more persons the suites are an excellent value.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Navalator
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I recently stayed at PJ's Place instead of my usual 5 star hotel preference and I was very impressed! Peter and Jiab, the hosts, are extremely warm and inviting, they are very helpful in providing tips and advice, but are also respectful of their guest's privacy. The rooms at PJ's Place are large, bright and airy, spotlessy clean, tastefully decorated and have a wonderful outlook over the beautifully kept garden. Although PJ's place is not in the centre of town, it is in a great location, with good shopping facilities, excellent restaurants, bars etc all within a few minutes walk. I did walk into town from PJ's Place and it was a most enjoyable 40 minute stroll or if you prefer, a cheap Tuk Tuk ride away. The value for money at PJ's is extraordinary - rooms rates include breakfast and airport transfers, mini bar prices are very low, their laundry service is excellent and also very reasonable and of course Peter and Jiab's knowledge of Chang Mai and personal advice and assistance is invaluable. I really wanted to visit an ecologically responsible elephant reserve whilst in Chiang Mai but all the places I contacted were already booked out as it was the new year period. Jiab rang around and got me a reservation to visit the Elephant Nature Park. Jiab arranged it all for me and it was much cheaper than the alternatives that I had planned visiting. I had an excellent time and it was the highlight of my stay in Chiang Mai. Thank you Jiab! The garden at PJ's place is beautiful and there are sunbeds to laze on while reading the papers, or just enjoying the peace and tranquility. I loved my stay at PJ's and it will definitely be my place of choice for my next visit to Chiang Mai. Many thanks P and J!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank dj61
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Simply beautiful.....spotless cleanliness, superb service, Thai staff are charming and exceptionally helpful...each day I returned to my room to find fresh flowers....

The breakfast staff went to the trouble to make my coffee exactly as I like it each morning. I cannot praise the place enough. I loved my bed and slept very well. I booked the studio apartment with its own little private garden...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Shavasti
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Twice I have stayed 2009 and 2010. Both times - "WOW!!!!" Peter and Jiab are a lovely couple that I enjoyed some very pleasant conversations with and some great shopping and tours. I am more than impressed and would stay there again in a flash.

Room Tip: Both ground room floors I stayed in were great
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank coala43
Reviewed October 16, 2011

this is a really lovely place to stay, friendly, gay-owned and run guesthouse. Jiab (owner) is so helpful as proprietor and as tour guide, very knowledgeable and very funny. Felt like staying in a friend's home and the other guests (there are only 6 rooms) were also friendly. convenient location in a beautiful part of Thailand - will definitely return. They took so much trouble with our laundry too. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple