We made reservations at Eco Resort based on online reviews, since we were arriving too late to walk into town and find a place. We stayed at the mixed dorms, in a room for two.
1) Both bedroom and shared bathroom were very clean, with excellent maintenance (on this point I have to say I've stayed in backpackers across Europe, Australia and South America, and Eco Resort's standards were amongst the best)
2) Comfortable beds
3) Nice, big swimming pool (though you have to pay extra 100 baht a day to use it)
4) Nice garden surrounding the rooms
5) Free wi-fi
1) Tiny room for two people (even been a dorm)
2) The hotel is far from everything
3) BAD breakfast
On this last point, we tried it in our first morning there and it was disgusting: food cooked at least 1-2 hours earlier (including fried eggs); horrible coffee and tea; and SO MANY FLIES that they almost became part of the meal. It's true, flies are a problem throughout SE Asia, but some places at least try to find ways to limit the food exposure. Not Eco Resort's case. We picked the one option that was not infested (fried rice) and got coffee and tea. After 1 minute of trying everything we decided to go to a coffee shop in town.
I think this is a very good place for a short stay (2-3 days) but on a longer stay the cons described above may become more prominent. I guess you could book a double private room and that would improve the room size issue, but then you would probably end up paying the same as for a double room in a hotel or guesthouse in town.
We ultimately decided to move to other accommodation in Chiang Mai based on the location. It's not really walkable to town, and the hassle of haggling with tuk-tuk drivers EVERY time we wanted to go from or return to the hostel was offputting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eco Resort Chiang Mai, a new development from Imm Hotel Group, offers value accommodation for nature lovers. With Ecological, environmental and economy awareness, we create with attention to simplicity in design and service that fulfill fundamental needs of travelers who are looking for a pure relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Eco Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai