“Every dish was great!”

The Rachamankha
Ranked #173 of 2,058 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Every dish was great!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Ate here four times during our stay. Thoroughly enjoyed each meal and would recommend trying the tasting plate for 2. Yummy! Great ambience in the restaurant and you can choose between outside courtyard dining(complete with open fire) or more formal dining room. Service is amazing!

Visited December 2012

Mexico
“Romantic dinner”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place is great for a romantic dinner. You can chose from Thai or western food. We had a lovely dinner at the patio near the fireplace. We got an appetizer, a glass of wine, some meat and dessert and it was 25 dollars per person. I believe for the food and the location the prices are very reasonable

Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Revelling in Rachamanka”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is an excellent high end boutique hotel with a terrific restaurant. My daughter was travelling on vacation in Thailand and I had business in Malaysia, so I flew in to meet her for dinner in Chiang Mai. It is a crazy thing to do for one night, but you should undertake an extravagant whimsical adventure a few times in life. In any case after backpacking across SE Asia, my daughter was thrilled with the gesture.

After asking several friends for recommendations of an upscale locale, the repeated top suggestion was the Rachamanka. We took their advice and were more than glad. The restaurant has both an indoor section and an open-air courtyard. We chose the courtyard where there was also a musician playing a Saw Duang (a bowed instrument typically used in traditional Thai music). We shared a Thai/Burmese flavoured set menu, which was varied and wonderful, as well as being the most expensive item on the menu. With drinks and tip, the total was $60! When dining out elsewhere, I often have to spend more than this on wine alone.

For both the quality of the food and the setting, it could not be beat. My only regret was that my wife was not able to share this gorgeous feast and I am sure my daughter was thinking she would have liked her boyfriend there.

After dinner, we were taken on a tour of the fabulous boutique hotel. Twenty odd rooms among gardens with a substantial pool and library. Though I stayed elsewhere I would definitely consider staying here if there is ever a next time in Chiang Mai.

• Visited December 2012
Singapore
“Superbly atmospheric”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Set in peaceful and serene environment, the restaurant comprises two parts - an indoor, air-conditioned room overlooking a central outdoor courtyard. The primary reason for eating here would be for the atmosphere - a feast for the eyes. We chose mainly food from the Asian selection, which we understand is Thai with a Burmese influence. The dishes we tried were good, but probably not spectacular. The price was very high for Chiang Mai, but if you are in the market for a special night out, this would be worth shortlisting.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mostlyharmless
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Dinner in Chang Mai”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nothing to dislike, good Thai food back up with attentive service and local musician.
Good wine list and for Thailand prices are sensible.
Choice of outside in courtyard or sectioned off a/c area.

Visited November 2012