Flight of the Gibbon - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Who new Ziplining could be so fun!

Having experienced zip lining before in Kauai, I was interested to see what it would be like in... read more

Reviewed April 10, 2020
sucharita93
Flying through the trees with great people!

Went in February 2020 and was a great experience. The meal afterwards was very tasty. Pick up and... read more

Reviewed March 4, 2020
mattdS8358MT
Toronto, Canada

3,149 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2019 via mobile

Picked up from the hotel and dropped off after. Great staff, overall really good day. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Marcus S
Reviewed June 13, 2019

Unfortunately, I can not speak about the actual zipline experience because my husband and I chose to cancel our booking after learning of the fatal accident that occured. They had great customer service though. I canceled via email and got a response the very same day. The next day I was refunded my deposit without any hassle.

4  Thank Becca W
gibbonsreaching... F, Guest Relations Manager at Flight of the Gibbon, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2019

A tragic accident did occur at Flight of the Gibbon in Chiang Mai on a swing apparatus. We were closed temporarily to do an extensive root cause analysis. We are presently open, fully licensed and insured. As an abundance of caution we have removed this swing apparatus from the course. Even though we were previously and are currently in compliance with both the ACCT standard (American Association for Challenge Course Technology) and Thai law, we are now taking additional steps beyond the standards by layering multiple redundant inspections.

Flight of the Gibbon will only operate its standard Zipline courses for the foreseeable future. We have operated in Thailand for over 12 years as well as internationally. Accidents have been extremely rare considering the hundreds of thousands of safe experiences over the years.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Incredible zip lining experience. I saw 2 gibbons before take the first zipline. Short hiking with nature education is one of my favorite part as well. All the staff were great and friendly. The lunch at the end was delicious along with the live local music band. Highly recommended!

3  Thank TharaA26
Reviewed June 5, 2019
Serious safety incident

My son-in-law died April 13, 2019 due to improperly assembled cable and failure to provide a backup safety line on the “Superman” leg of the course. I’ve included a picture of Spencer’s dad and my daughter in a police station. My daughter is unable to return to work as a nurse and suffers from PTSD. She watched her lover and best friend fall to his death, then they made her ride the rest of the course. Then manager Gary Humphries told her he was "safe" when he was in fact dead. It took four and a half hours to get him off the course. However, the management, South African farange, were happy to pay for the ambulance, coffin, cremation and our shuttle bus all week. Thank you to Flight of the Gibbon management, especially Gary Searle, for taking care of us and trying to shuffle us out of the country "safely" ..I..

Date of experience: April 2019
88  Thank spennyfoxhat_rip2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019

We combined our 2 adventures into one day. The Segway tour was less information and more fun around the city. The guide may have picked up on our lack of interest in the sites, just ask a few questions and they will give more information about the culture. The zipline was great fun. Enough adventure with many runs, and variety and always felt safe. Highly recommend. The combined tour had a meal as well. It was super tasty!

Date of experience: February 2019