“Flight of the Gibbons - Fantastic for all!!,”

Flight of the Gibbon
Rainforest Canopy Zipline Adventure from Bangkok
$129.00*
Jungle Ziplining Adventure from Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 2007, Flight of the Gibbon is one of the most established and trusted zipline tour operators in Asia. We are proud to provide action-packed adventure experiences to people of all ages and all nationalities. Flight of the Gibbon sets the standard for quality zipline adventures, conservation, safety, customer service and environmental education for our guests. We will make your zipline adventure a unique and unforgettable experience. Our all-inclusive experience combines pick-up and drop-off in VIP transport, authentic lunch/refreshments, the highest safety standards and the most memorable zipline adventures in Southeast Asia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Newcastle, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Flight of the Gibbons - Fantastic for all!!,”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

WOW!!! Is all I can say. We booked this tour before we even left home to go on our holiday & was a little unsure what to expect but we were most pleasantly surprised! We'd done a little bit of Ziplining (we call it flying fox in Australia) but nothing like this. The company picked us up from the hotel at the time we'd arranged and once at the location were quickly taken care of and had our harnesses on and ready to go very quickly. I was a little apprehensive at first beginning the course but our staff members with us Pon and Bas were Awesome & I cannot praise them high enough. They made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole session & they were so much fun!! We had a group of 9 (we traveled together) and in that we had children aged 4, 7, 9, 12, & 14 and all of them loved the experience and it was perfectly safe the whole time & we noted that safety was paramount the whole time Ziplining the course. Once our course (we even got to see the gibbons, baby and all) was finished we again were promptly taken care of getting out of our equipment & had lunch there provided (which was yummy). Once all done they transferred us back to out hotel. They do provide a service where they take photos of you throughout the course and you can buy it, I found it to be quite affordable as our group section had approx 150 photos in it and they put it on a USB (for 1500 baht about $50aud). I thought this was good as even though you can carry your own camera with you while you do the course and take as many photos as you want the staff managed to capture some that I just could not. I highly recommend this attraction and if you love a bit of fun and adventure than you must do this if visiting Chiang Mai.

Visited March 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Average for me.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arranged the flight of the gibbon trip directly with the company and were advised that we would need to leave the hotel at 7am, a little early we thought but hey we can always have a few hours sleep by the pool later.
After getting up at the crack of dawn we waited in the hotel lobby for the collection, and waited and waited. After numerous telephone calls and an hour later the bus arrived. On arrival we were informed that there was a problem with the van. After discussing this with the driver the story then changed to “guest problem” then when we got to the Gibbon adventure another story.
I did discuss this with management but they just tried to palm me off with yet another story!
I appreciate things can go wrong, but why lie?? I must say this soured my experience.
Now to the trip itself, perhaps it was just me but I personally didn’t find this too thrilling, however my partner loved it. I thought the guides were good, but the trip for me lacked an adrenaline rush again partner disagreed.
Did I think £60 was vfm absolutely not. I only booked this as this was the number one recommendation by TA. My advice, shop around for a deal.

Visited February 2013
GibbonsReachingOut, Guest Relations Manager at Flight of the Gibbon, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are so glad that Topcat’s partner enjoyed their experience! We offer the most diversity of any zipline in Thailand with multiple skybridges, 100-meter abseils from giant trees, spider nets in the trees, and even the ability to experience ziplining like Superman with the harness rigged from behind. The canopy tour includes 33 ziplines, and most of our customers find enough diversity and adrenaline to satisfy them. It's a balancing act to meet some customers’ expectations for adrenaline when safety is our top priority. We offer ziplining adventures for flyers ages 5 to 95 and hope we offer fun for everyone in the most magnificent and exciting rainforest location in the world!

We attempted to contact Topcat offline regarding their experience with the van service, but were unable to get a further response or more information in order to investigate this particular incident.
Limerick, Ireland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was thrilling, awe inspiring and our favourite experience in Chiang Mai. I'm very nervous of heights and a worry wart about safety. I shook the whole way up into the forest but when we got there the team working there were so confident and energetic that it was hard not to begin to relax...a little!!! After a meeting to explain the experience and the safety procedures we were fitted with harnesses and brought to the first zip line. The 2 guys with us did everything, we touched nothing and they were very clear that they would be responsible for hooking and unhooking and we would be hooked to a line at all times. I can't say my nerves went completely away as we went through the forest but they certainly settled and the views from the trees and from the lines were incredible. You really will never see a forest from views like these outside of a zip line experience. The guides were very interesting and great fun. They calmed nerves by talking through the lines and telling jokes and most lines were short and very manageable. If you're nervous like me just focus on the views and scenery and relax in the knowledge that safety is a top priority for this team. They are very professional at all times and it really was an experience that I'm delighted I didn't skip! We went on the early morning tour in order to have a better chance of seeing the gibbons and we weren't disappointed! We encountered a family in a tree close by and were allowed plenty of time to photograph and watch the Gibbons play. The birds and insects were amazing and we finished the tour with a lovely lunch and a trip to a forest waterfall. Higher price than most attractions but worth every penny!!

Visited November 2012
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“An absolute must!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

This was such an awesome experience. Not only are there 19 lines including 3 doubles, 2 repels and 1 superman, but the coarse is long and the lines run really high in the trees so it really feels like you are flying. One of the lines is 800 m and you cover it in 30 seconds which equals around 90+km per hour. The guys that work here are very cool and have fun at their job. If I were back I'd do it again. It's an absolute must!

1 Thank John_Roch
Ernakulam, India
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Expensive, but worth it”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A "once-in-a-lifetime" experience, but for the price their vehicles going to and from the rainforest (at least ours) need some serious suspension work. Several of our group were looking quite "green" from the rapid swaying up and down and to and fro on the way and way back (which takes almost two hours!) from the overly fast driving..

Visited March 2013