“Excellent Fun!!”

Rainforest Canopy Zipline Adventure from Bangkok
$68.18*
Unique Old Chiang Mai City Tour by Segway
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 2007, Flight of the Gibbon is one of the most established and trusted zipline tour operators in Asia. We are proud to provide action-packed adventure experiences to people of all ages and all nationalities. Flight of the Gibbon sets the standard for quality zipline adventures, conservation, safety, customer service and environmental education for our guests. We will make your zipline adventure a unique and unforgettable experience. Our all-inclusive experience combines pick-up and drop-off in VIP transport, authentic lunch/refreshments, the highest safety standards and the most memorable zipline adventures in Southeast Asia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is an excellent day out from Chiang Mai.
A van picks you up and takes about an hour to reach the site.
You get fitted up with the equipment.
There are lockers where you can leave your belongings.
Then you get taken in the van to the start point - time to start ziplining!!! So much fun. There are a few swing bridges and a couple of abseils (well they pretty much just lower you down).
The guides are funny and entertaining. Felt very safe the whole time.
We had eight in our group which was fine. The smaller the group the faster it would be.
The gibbons are a family who are cared for by some local thai people. We saw the new baby gibbon which was really cute!!!
Then it was back and time to eat. Lunch was fine. Rice, pattaya salad, a chicken and pork dish and fruit. I'm vegan and they had no trouble whipping up a plate of veggies for me. You need to pay for drinks.

The next part I feel could easily be eliminated. You are taken in a van to a waterfall. Walk up the stairs beside it, then come back again. Some of our group didn't go and got massages instead.

The trip takes pretty much a whole day. It would be nice if they gave an option for a half day if you just wanted to do the ziplining and skip the lunch and waterfall. That would be pretty much 4-5 hours including transfer.

Tips
Take your camera. I sadly didn't as they said they would take picutes at certain points. But I ended up paying 1000 Baht for the pictures they took (which while they were fine, I thought was really expensive). A different guy in my group had his big SLR camera and had no problems taking that. He got some GREAT shots of his friends.

I went at the 9am session and it was VERY crowded. At least 9 groups of people. Which meant we had to wait maybe 1/2hr or more to get fitted up. Maybe ask before you book which times are quieter for the particular day you want to go.

I definitely recommend this tour!!

2  Thank kar-travel-01

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is phenomenal - like Go Ape but ten times more extreme! Be warned though they dont start you off easy and you cant turn back (i dont think) but its fantastic none the less. You feel safe with the guides who are lovely and all joke about with you and lunch is lovely. You get to see Gibbons up close and all the nature in the rainforest. Some zipwires are a bit tough and there is one called spiderman where the harness is attached to your back but you'll be fine if you dont look down.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic day out for all ages zipping through the trees like a gibbon!
The staff are friendly and fun but at all times very aware of your safety. The two of us were in a group of 6 which was the perfect size. You have a brief safety instruction beforehand & then you start swinging. The instructors are in charge of all of the safety/fastenings so you don't have to worry about that.
There is a gibbon family living in the area which we got to see.
Lunch is provided but drinks at lunch are chargeable (10-40 bt) but there is free water on the course. We then did a walk to the waterfall in the afternoon.
You can take a camera in the zip wires at your own risk and there are safe lockers with padlocks to leave any valuables. We regretted not taking our camera with us.

Safety standard are high and has a great record. Personally I wouldn't go with the cheaper imitations.

1  Thank emma i
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This was recommended by a friend to me an I'm glad I chose to do it, it was probably the most expensive thing I did in chaing Mai and defiantly worth it because they provide hotel pick up a good 2-3 hours of zip wire, lunch and you can go to the waterfalls afterwards.
The guides were such a pleaser and you really felt safe as they did all the cable changes for you it was a present day and the guides really made it enjoyable the flights weren't extreme so there was no fear from anyone in the group

1  Thank Honestly123456
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We did the Flight of the Gibbon zip lining tour in Mae Kampong in December 2012 and had an amazing time. All staff were extremely friendly and very safety conscious. The zip line course was the best ever, I believe they have one of the longest lines in the world. We saw wild Gibbon's in the forest and the scenery is beautiful. They provided amazing Thai food afterwards with live traditional Thai music. Their van also picked us up at our hotel in Chaing Mai at no extra charge.

Highly recommended and thanks again to the Flight of the Gibbon crew for an amazing experience.

1  Thank Jason S