“A gorgeous little place to stay with great staff”
Review of I'm Happy

I'm Happy
Ranked #266 of 826 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My mum, sister and I all travelled together in April and stayed at Charcoa House for 4 nights. It's very sweet, tucked away but in a central location so you can escape the busy-ness of the old town. Some of the highest rated trip advisor places to eat are near to the B&B too which means any heavy rain doesn't hamper a night out.
The bedrooms are furnished with all you need and the staff were so accommodating in finding an extra room on 3 of the 4 nights. The reception staff found us a driver for the 4 days and he was superb, couldn't recommend this service highly enough. We were also able to connect to the wifi for free which was a bonus.
The breakfast is enormous and delicious and they'll even do a packed lunch for days out at a small cost and you can sit in their outdoor seating area just relaxing with the house cat having a drink and cake from the little deli on site.
Overall great value, fab location and would highly recommend to those on a budget.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the mosquito plugs to be put in your room in advance!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Diggertravels

Reviewed July 6, 2012

People ask me what this place is like; I answer them; it's like the baloony fishtail, the grumpy ciclist, the flimsy bootleg, the sexy beaver, the whimsical tranny, the apocalyptic horsewomen, the muff, the fluffy donut; in one word; NICE. Small, really charming, authentic, well designed, a bit hidden an well looked after. Th owner is a tiny Thai women in charge of thge place and all the emplyees wear adorable chic uniforms. The room was tiny but we felt very well. Breakfast was good, allthough we wondeered what half of the items where there for... We'll probably stay there again, allthough there seem to be too many good places in Chiangmai...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MartinJohannesH
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Very well located in the northeast corner of the old town. A great place to be for Song Khran !! We enjoyed the breakafast in the little private room. Room on two levels : bedroom upstairs, kitchen, bathroom and a couch downstairs. Very convenient.

Room Tip: nothing else than the top ones
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank antoine98
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Pros
Very centric location (walking distance to main temples) in nice area with bars, etc.
Nice staff, quite high hotel standard with multiple choice breakfast
I got a price reduction, when prolonging since I booked some tours with them.

Cons
Standard room on the ground floor is very small and has no views (sun light only through light shaft!). On the first floor still small, but better.
(The design is not exactly Thai but westernised: mix between Toscana and Victorian :)

Room Tip: Not the standard rooms on the ground floor! No views, very small.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank yonzky
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Found Charcoa on a website and book a room for 1 night (i was hoping for 2 nights but they are fully booked for the next day) this mini farm house themed small boutique hotel locate in the old town area where i have a peaceful stay and only walking distant to a bar which is nice! My complain would be the staffs are not at all attentive both at the front desk and restaurant...I mean I would prefer this hotel with no staff! Ha ha! I love the free wifi and there are bikes for rent which is a good way of seeing the old town area...or even ride to nimma' road! I had a lovely stay and recommended the charcoa!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Nitnada
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Beautiful guest house. Had a loft style bedroom above a small living area. Very cozy. Restaurant was good. Only downfall was our Ipad not being compatible with Internet facilities and almost not getting out laundry returned in time. Decent value for money!

Room Tip: Go with the honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Labrador27
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I went to Charcoa in august 2011 and made my booking at Agoda. I booked a nice suite with Wifi. I love small boutique hotels/guesthouses so I thought this would be the place for me. Unfortunately I was wrong.
The Wifi didn't work in the suite I booked (it was very obvious, there was just 1 receiver too far from all the upstairs suites). They suggested I went to a small room downstairs. At first they did not want to pay some money back (the room downstairs was much smaller and cheaper) and after I said several times that this was not really guestfriendly they offered 200 baht (I did not believe this ridiculaous proposal). I said I was not happy with the proposal and later on they gave me 700 baht. From this time on the staff tried to be friendly but it was obvious very FAKE friendly - so kind of annoying. In the room downstairs the toilet did not flush (my neighbour had the same problem) so it was not very comfortable (understatement...) I have to say it it a very nice building and location but the downstairs rooms are too small, too expensive for what you get, and the staff could need some training in how to behave towards their guests. I am sorry to say I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo