“Great Food”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: As one of the most unique restaurants in Metropolitan Bangkok, the Cabbages and Condoms (C&C) Restaurant has attracted international attention. Conveniently located near one of Bangkok's main business districts, C&C is very popular among local and foreign clients. Our restaurant was conceptualized in part to promote better understanding and acceptance of family planning and to generate income to support various development activities of the Population and Community Development Association (PDA) We also provide catering services to meet all requirements. And remember, our food is guaranteed not to cause pregnancy.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Food, Service and ambiance is fantastic! The garden restaurant is very pretty at night with the lighted trees. Very wittily written on the menu that “Our Food is Guaranteed Not To Cause Pregnancy”.
The restaurant has a souvenir shop retailing handicrafts made by villagers from rural area and some are quite hilarious.
Easy to get to - Take the sky train on BTS Sukhumvit Line to Asok Station. Look for Soi 12 and the restaurant is within 5 minutes walk from the station.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,885)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The restaurants mission is a good one but overall it's mostly just worth going for the pictures and to have an interesting Facebook check in. Two of us somehow managed to have a $100 USD dinner here. Half of it was spent on wine but for what we ordered- basic Thai dishes, we paid a lot more than most places. The only thing good about paying what we did for the dinner was that the cause is a good one. None of the food was bad at all, it was just good not great. There were no dishes that were so standout that I'll be craving them. Also, at the end of the night, they just turned out the lights on us. We were the last people in the upstairs area and I guess it was closing time. Instead of mentioning to us they were closing they just shut the lights off.

If you are traveling on a budget it may be better to go here to have a beer and check it out and grab dinner elsewhere. If you are not as concerned about your budget you should definitely try this place out to support the cause.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Not the first time I have eaten there. Set up to help the Thai's cope with the Aids crisis many years ago. Is a training restaurant and is a good night out. There are a number of areas to eat. Up stairs with no air-conditioning, pleasant but there is smoking, down stairs no air-conditioning and inside with air-conditioning but this does fill very quickly. Food is first rate and comes out quickly, delivered by friendly waiters and waitresses. Well worth a look. Soi 12 Sukhumvit Bangkok.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I finally found the place they call C&C. Short walk from Ramada where i stayed. Ordered Beef in Green Curry and sweet and sour pork. Taste was so average. Nothing really fancy. I expected more since TA gave them Certificate of Excellence and the price was expensive. I thought the taste would be above the average.
Adding to my unpleasant experience was the unwelcoming attitude of the staff. maybe they were just so tired of accommodating guests the whole day. I was asking for water but the waiter turned his back. Well maybe he didn't hear me i thought, so I stood and went to the bar area to ask for water..
Thai milk tea was like tea mixed with water and a little condensed milk. Not sweet. I still love the traditional thai milk tea stall at BTS station.
Leaving C&C i thought, well I ate here to help develop a community in Thailand so that's enough for me....so don't expect much on the food. it's for goodwill.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We visited C&C for Saturday afternoon lunch and chose to sit outside.

The service is very good. The staff are friendly, attentive, and efficient. It was hot outside, so we were grateful when they delivered the beer and water quickly.

Overall the food was slightly above average. We ordered the stir-fried morning glory (disappointing and not much flavour), deep-fried spring rolls (good for hungry people, but still average), deep-fried sea bass with chili sauce (I enjoyed the chili sauce, but the fish was average - I expected more from sea bass), and the larb moo (pork), which was sufficiently spiced, tasty, and the highlight of the meal.

The outdoor space is very pleasant, shielded from the sun by trees, and cooled by water misters. The running water of the fountain along the wall enhances the experience. Be sure to visit the store after your meal for C&C branded fun stuff.

I gave C&C an extra star for their philanthropic projects.

What you liked best: the atmosphere
What I liked least: the food