“The best meal. Period.”

Le Beaulieu
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: AUTHENTIC FRENCH CUISINEOpened since August 2006 and recently relocated in the lobby of the distinguished Athénée Tower, amidst the vibrant, easily accessible neighbourhood of Ploenchit and Wireless, Le Beaulieu is the culmination of acclaimed chef Hervé Frerard’s culinary expertise. Le Beaulieu is a fine French restaurant serving convivial, made-to-be-shared and delicious food in a casual, yet cozy, setting. From premium Fines de Claire oysters to the humble bouillabaisse, roasted Bresse chicken, homemade pâtés or côte de boeuf, chef Hervé meticulously brings out the detail and simplicity of his food by highlighting the quality produce sourced from France, Europe, Thailand and around the world. The desserts provide an appropriate denouement to a lovely meal including: last-minute cooked soufflé, slow-cooked nectarines, crème brûlée and baked apple tarte. Every dish has been refined to bring out the rich flavors and textures of the fine ingredients used.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Chef Hervé is the former personal chef of Mitterrand and Chirac, and if he is good enough for them, he is good enough for me! But more than his training and his experience, this chef really knows how to cook a good meal to fit everyone's picky taste. How? He asks you what you want. I have been everywhere and eaten everything (well, almost everything), and this is in my opinion, the best chef in Thailand. His cooking utensils are like magic wands.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The best French Style Luncheon Bangkok has to offer
Choose form the two executive set lunch they have order a blle of Champagne Bruno Paillard.
Very high French Food Standard, too bad I can't afford dinner there
My favourite are the bouillabaisse, beef cheeks, boudin noir, Herve cooks his fish to perfection
Millefeuille & Baba for desserts are a Must

Well after that the afternoon does not get much productive ......

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went here not for dinner but for a relaxing time with few friends. We tried the cheese sets and also different appetizers. All was great. Amazing carte of wines. The staff is so friendly. It has a terrace outside where you can enjoy your drinks in a nice atmosphere. Prices are not cheap but they are not too expensive. Well located just a short walk from Ploen Chit BTS Station.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Maybe it was just the dishes I chose, but I would describe the food as 'French Provincial'; by which I mean, it's not Haute Cuisine, but simple food of the finest quality, expertly prepared, with beautifully balanced flavours, presented well and absolutely delicious.

The restaurant decor created a nice ambiance, although I am not a fan of bench seating along the walls, no matter how well padded. One drawback of that is that the air conditioning outflow ran directly over my table, so my food cooled very quickly (and I don't think it helped with the taste of the wine either).

Service was just fine. The staff were very pleasant, attentive and helpful. If I were to be really, really picky, then I would say that at the second cutlery change, the placement was a bit sloppy - ie | O / and \ O /. But it is such a trivial thing, hardly worth mentioning.

The food was just fantastic. I expected the foie gras to be exceptional and I was not disappointed, perfect texture, perfect flavour, perfectly complimented by the apple sauce and endive.

For a main I had lamb shoulder. I have to say, it may well be the best lamb I have ever eaten. So tender and with such delicious flavour, served with white beans, baby carrots and some other green vegetables, and with a rich, but perfectly balanced gravy. If this was served as two tiny medallions on top of a small stack of the vegetables with the 'sauce' (gravy) geometrically drizzled around it, it would be a $70 a plate dish in any Haute Cuisine restaurant. But this was laid out on a huge platter, family roast style, enough to serve four (as a dish for two), with the gravy boat at the side - and help yourself. I just loved it. Fantastic way to serve, fantastic way to eat with friends.

For desert I just went for the cheese plate, and again I was not disappointed. A great selection of soft, hard and blue cheese. I let the waiter choose and received five, fairly generous, pieces, with a basket of freshly baked crusty french loaf pieces. A fitting end to a superb meal.

But I did have one big disappointment about the meal. I felt the wine list was a real let-down. I chose an Auxey Duresses Burgundy, a 1er Cru, which seemed to me to be the best pick on the list of otherwise very average wines. Beautiful colour, cellared well, but just not that good a wine. A slight downer on an otherwise fantastic meal, that with a good wine would have been spectacular.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am usually not in favour of this Nouveau Cuisine-to me its all fancy decoration & little to get your teeth into! I have now been four times to this rather hidden away restaurant.Every time I have come away completely satiated but always with a high recommendation of each & every dish.I am sure that once an order is given,it is always freshly prepared. with a certain finesse about each plate,Personal attention seems to be given to every detail.But it is the memorable flavour & taste of each individual dish that really lingers on in my memory and wrestles with my taste buds.This is a place to really celebrate that special occasion.As beautiful linen tablecloths are used which hang right down to the floor,I would suggest that a delicate mosquito repellent is used to deter those beastly monsters underneath!