“Good food but awful waiters(-ress)”
Review of Tan Tan Men

Tan Tan Men
Ranked #1,497 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The taste was really good and the special thaï-japanese ramen is a curiosity you have to try but the staff wasn't very friendly. No smile, and no attention at all.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Food was good, value was reasonable and interior of restaurant was nice. The restaurant was very well staffed (6 cooks in the kitchen!) and seemed well frequented by Japanese customers, my girlfriend and I were the only Westerners in. My tan tan men was perhaps not as spicy as I am used to, however my girlfriend loved her ebi chilli, prawns in a spicy tomato sauce.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you need a quick lunch of noodles but don't want the Thai noodles, this is a good option. They have all sorts of ramen noodle soup combos, but I specially like their spicy version (can't recall what was that I ordered).

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Try the Tan Tan Men. cook by japanese chef. Serve in traditional big japanese bowl. The best is the broth/soup

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I been to Japan roughly 10 times over the last 10 years. So I know what is good ramen vs bad ramen. The place where I live aren't great. But when I visit BKK I tend to go here unless my family or friends want to go to other place.

Their Tan Tan men is really good and I like the balance of good noodles and a flavorful broth that it comes in.

The only con I have is the seating is pretty badly made. I'm a big guy and it can be awkward. I tend to go by myself than a group larger than 3 people. Its easier and less of a hassle to find seating. This happened when they moved next door and redid the inside. But other than that, its still great food to eat.