“Peking duck still very good”

Jasmine Station Restaurant
Ranked #6,681 of 11,477 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have not been to Bangkok for ages. A return trip won't do without a visit to my favourite peking duck joint in town. There may be other new restaurant offering good or better peking duck which I have not tried, but the one I had this trip remained excellent. As always, the waitress would carefully remove all the fats from the duck skin which makes the skin less oily. The skin was crispy and flavourful. The meat was prepared as another dish, which was also good. We had some dim sum which were nice but the key for this restaurant is the peking duck.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We had a lovely meal at the Jasmine. The staff struggled a little with English but we got there in the end. Very enjoyable

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We ordered 3 dishes, vegetable spring rolls. chicken with selery, spinach with garlic, chinese tea and 1 soda water . The spring rolls were oily and goeey inside. Chicken with selery was tasteless. Spinach with garlic was mushie. We did not finish the meal and came home with 900 THB lighter, overall it was disappointing !!!

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Jasmine serves the best Peking duck I've ever had. I've tried a lot of restaurant be it in Hong Kong, China or Taiwan, there's no peking duck that compares to the one at Jasmine. Being a Chinese myself I am surprised how a Bangkok Chinese restaurant can make such a great dish! the duck skin is really crispy and they took away all the fats attached, which is great! Foreigners might be surprised why they only serve the duck skin and the meat are used for some other dishes. But please be reminded this is the very traditional way of having Peking duck.

The ginger soup sesame dumplings are real good though. I'm a "ginger-lover" and thus this really is my cup of tea. Love it.

this is on my must-go restaurant list if I am to go back Bangkok again!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Any trip to Thailand will naturally include a number of wonderful meals at the local Thai restaurants and street vendor stands. You expect to find great Thai food in every form and style, so what's unusual in Bangkok is the exceptional non-Thai restaurant. Here's one for you.

Jasmin is located on the fourth floor of the Times Square shopping center on Sukhumvit, next door to the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit Hotel and adjacent to the Skytrain Asok stop. It's not cheap nor typical of Cantonese places you'll find in town - instead it's a first rate Chinese, white tablecloth, restaurant with excellent dim sum and traditional Mainland fare.

I don't recommend the Peking Duck, but I do recommend the dumplings, the dim sum and any of the noodle dishes. The soups are tasty and different and the service very good during the day, if not a bit rushed in the evening. Treat yourself to a leisurely lunch, and avoid the mad rush to the place at dinnertime.

I'm sure you'll find Jasmin to be a tasty, still exotic, break from the overload of Thai food that you'll be enjoying everywhere else while visiting this wonderful city.