Lock in the lowest price from these sites
HarryTheTraveler
Bangkok

Small Hotel - Huge Ambience

Review of Hostel Na Nara
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 5, 2012
I'm currently on my 5th stay (Nov. 2012) at the Om Yim. Rarely have I seen such value coupled with caring, friendly and helpful staff. I feel safe here and if I have a problem, even one not related the property, the staff and owner are very responsive. Centrally located and convenient to Silom. Rooms are spotless, AC always works and the laundry service returns my cleaned clothes within 24 hours. There are only 12 rooms on this property.

This is a "straight-friendly" hotel. The vast majority of guests seem to be gay. Smoking is not allowed on the property. On-site restaurant serves an well-prepared variety of Thai and Western dishes. ]

And finally....I am not a paid endorser, just a very satisfied guest.
Date of stay: November 2012
Room Tip: This property books up fast. Get your reservations in early. There is no elevator (lift) so...
Trip type: Traveled solo
0.6 miles from Hostel Na Nara
2.4 miles from Hostel Na Nara
1.9 miles from Hostel Na Nara
View more hotels in Bangkok
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed here at Om Yim Lodge now 4 time and every time I have found the the Staff friendly and very helpful. An Aussie manager.
Om Yim is only 100 metres or so from BTS Chong Nonsi Station. A Taxi ramp and bus stop at their door.
Excellent location Close to Restaurants, McDonalds, 7-Eleven's and a short walk to Silom and shops.
Their restaurant has a good selection of Thai and western food, including a decent breakfast at a very modest cost. Thai Breakfast for me 10 out of 10.
If you bring a guest back as well there is no additional fee like you may find with other hotels.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank MikeCoke
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good location. Very reasonably priced accommodation. Very convenient to Skytrain and connection to train to Suvanabhumi airport. Larger rooms are very nicely sized. This is a basic hotel. Comfortable staff is friendly. No "lifts," unless one considers that the friendly staff "lifts" your luggage up and down the stairs for you.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank arizona2002
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here Sept 2011 in a large room costing 1100 baht. Very spacious & clean with a window. The young guy at reception was very nice & helpful. No problem taking friends back to your room!! Location was perfect, just down from Chong Nonsi station so easy to get to/from airport. Some Tuk Tuks had trouble finding it so have to mention Chong Nonsi. Within walking distance to bars and restaurants on Silom and Kick Boxing arena nearbye. I am returning again in Sept 2012.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank lammylammyts1
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This budget hotel was recommended by a friend of mine. The taxi driver had a hard time finding it when we reached Bangkok. Just tell the taxi driver its near Chong Nosi BTS station next time. Checking in was easy. Staff were friendly and could carry your luggage for you to your room. I had to move to another room (since I booked for the cheapest room but it was unavailable during the first night I was in Bangkok) and they said they will moved my lugggage to the other room for me. Convenient. The cheapest room I was staying had no window but it was big. No claustrophobic feeling for me. Aircond was cold. Towel available with free soap/shampoo. The toilet was clean. Housekeeping done everyday. Downside was that there were no iron in the room (but you can ask them to do that for a cheap price). Had TV with the Thai channels in there.. had a kettle, thermos (water boiler) .. and the usual complimentary water, coffee and tea. And the most thing I needed most - FREE wireless.. very fast!! Im so chuffed! They do locked the door around midnight though, so if you are out and about at night, and going back late, just ring the door bell and they will let you in. So its ok for me. I so recommend the hotel. (",) And the staff are so nice.

Room tip: The cheapest room is BIG! If you are a non-smoker do not ask for room at level 2.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyTouristBN
OmYimLodge, Owner at Hostel Na Nara, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Hi Happy Tourist BN.
You are not the first to get lost in a Taxi in Bangkok. We now have our own car that we do airport transfers with and this way you will not get lost. hehe....
Sometimes the staff lock the door early but they are always around as we have 24 hour reception for ease of checking in and out at any time because the flights in and out of Bangkok are 24 hour as well and it also means you can enjoy the night life around Bangkok and come home when you are ready.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Excellent location--close to the elevated train which takes you about everywhere--or connects to everywhere. I had the least expensive room with no window--was great--no noise and no sun coming in the window--if you do not want to carry your bags up and down the stairs one of the employees will.. Was able to leave my bags here when I went out on several trips into Thailand. Meals were ok but right next door was a great Chinese place that served several types of Tofu and had fantastic soy milk--great place if you are vegetarian. the crew was always helpful and wifi in all the rooms. If you need something and the crew does not understand--which never happened just wait for the mgr who is Australian
This is a gay owned place but I booked rooms for three straight long time friends-everyone enjoyed the place

Room tip: the room with no windows was very quiet
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank david f

Hi David. Thanks for your kind words about our lodge. Our staff try very hard to help all of our guests and there English is good for the most part. Hopefully we will see you guys again soon.