“Overpriced and a bit overrated”
Review of Eat Me Restaurant

Eat Me Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 10,831 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Paris
“Overpriced and a bit overrated”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've eaten here twice, and the food is actually quiet good, but not exceptional. I had the lamb rack with harissa yoghurt on one occasion, and the pasta with thai basil pesto on another. Both dishes were tasty and well executed.

I do not feel however that this food is worth the stellar prices charges. Bear in mind that many main dishes cost more than 1000 baht, wich gets you a whole 5-course tasting menu at nearby "La Table de Tee", and in probably higher quality. If you combine a starter, a main and a dessert, this will be more expensive than the 12 course tasting menu at "Nahm", considered Bangkoks best restaurant.

I also don't quiet understand why this restaurant is in many Bangkok "10 best restaurants" lists, or the "50 best restaurants in Asia".

If the food here would cost the half or a third of the actual prices, this would be a great option. There are, however so many amazing restaurants (at all price levels) in Bangkok, that it's best to skip this one.

• Visited February 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“One of the best dining experiences we've ever had!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked a last minute table for 2 on the night and we arrived at 8pm.

The food is devine and definitely a fine dining establishment without the ridiculous pretentious prices. I orded the lamb rack which was on par with the best lamb I have ever had, I can still remember the taste! My partner ordered the ravioli which was cooked al dente and tasted fantastic!

We ordered warm olives and mussels as an entree and these were exquisite and fresh. The staff and service was warm and welcoming and went beyond their roles to ensure we were happy and enjoying our meals.

We left stuffed to the brim and completely satisfied with the overall experience. We both agreed this was the best place we've eaten in Thailand and possibly the best value/food we have had ever.

Don't overlook this place!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Konvict67
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exotic place for dining experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love this place since day one ! It was a love at first sight with zen-like interior design that give you a calm but hip atmosphere. Food is also interesting. I love the way chef cook his bread, crispy, chewy, and also tasty with his special dipping oil with grounded nuts.

Waiters and chef are very friendly. They do not force you to eat or try to up sale some cheap wine. Every details are well selected with sharp eyes for design. One word for Eat Me is "Classic"

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Pongtorn K
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly, casual setting for a great meal”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The boss, Darren makes a point to greet the folks at every table. We celebrated a birthday during dinner and their staff presented us with a complimentary birthday cake (a slice). Recommend the lamb chops which are beautifully marinated and the delicately Tom Yam spiced appetiser. If you order icecream, get a partner to share the double scoops with you. They are huge!
Email to make a reservation because the indoor seats are quite limited.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank S C
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate here with a group of friends. The restaurant was beautiful - a little oasis tucked away in a side street - modern, chic. We started with cocktails which were amazing followed by three courses. The menu was fairly extensive with significant variability in pricing dependent on whether beef or seafood was involved. Unfortunately the wait staff had very little idea about the dishes themselves particularly when describing an ingredient or aspect to the meal. When asking one staffmember, they would often call on another - at one point we had three staff trying to explain what a dish contained without actually using any more words than given on the menu description itself. A number of the dishes looked amazing - it was a hard choice! I had the black chicken to start - not amazing, but my husband had a cerviche which was beautiful. The mains were lovely - I had a beautifully cooked duck confit and the sides were also very tasty. The wine list was varied and extensive as well.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. I'd look forward to going back and trying other dishes. With such an extensive menu with many exotic components it would be great if the waitstaff had some knowledge of the food.

Visited June 2013