See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Some of the funkiest decor since Prague in the 90's. But it's rundown, threadbare and the pool is full of potted plants.
My problem with the place is that upon rising and going to the desk for my breakfast voucher Mr Satasit at the desk did not say good morning or how are you instead he started in right away trying to dig a baht out of my pocket by asking if I wanted to go to Pattaya and that he could have a car ready for me. I take great and insulting offense that anyone would assume that I would go to a Russian mafia town to purchase a human being. Furthermore, upon hearing that I'd be going to a Thai beach town he told me he had a bus going there but that I'd better hurry. Hurry? Whose time am I running on ? Eckamai the Eastern bus station is 3 minutes walk away. Twist and turn I couldn't get this parasite off of me
Breakfast was precooked lukewarm eggs and thinly sliced cold cut ham with preservative packed toast served by a surly waiter in a smelly uniform. I asked for more coffee and was told that I'd have to pay which was anticipated and I amiably agreed to do so. However before I was half finished with my cup of coffee the waiter confrontationally demanded payment for the 70 baht cup of coffee. I have worked many years in the food and beverage business and perhaps against better judgement tip quite readily. Previously the night before I tipped the porter Suvi 40 baht to carry a bag to my room.But under the sour gaze of the waiter I deferred to tip. After all the staff realized there would be no money falling out of my pocket I was treated as a non entity.
Now then as for prices I paid 3 times the proposed Thai minimun wage for a tattered room and couldn't help but notice the internet was 60 baht an hour.
Once again the Thai's through their greed have revaealed what is behind the smile. Or do they even bother to smile anymore where the tourist go? Will they be smiling when the cash cow moves on to the greener pastures of Laos, Cambodia and Viet Nam?
Anyhow if you would like to get out of a hotel without a slimy feeling stay elsewhare!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Tony N
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The pool is the main attraction, very nice but locked up at 6pm. On a roof next to the BTS skytrain going by. Closest station to Thong Lor if you have reason to want to be in this area. Sukhumvit is not near tourist attractions but it is an ok area to stay. A great Dental clinic is next to BTS station. It is at least 10 min walk to BTS.
The hotel needs work. The air con units are very old and noisy. The rooms facing inward are all surrounding an empty courtyard looking at the other air con units roaring across in a square. The rooms facing outside the hotel are much nicer with bright windows and only your own noisy air con unit to hear.
The restaurant is ok and has a big menu and is open late.
The cafe service and and maid service is good, but the front desk is rude.

Room Tip: Look out at the city, not into the square courtyard at the other rooms. A big square of air con units facing inward.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John E
Reviewed November 29, 2011

the hotel is big and the room me and my family was given to was big aswell. the rooms and bathrooms were clean, watel included at out arrive. Maybe the a/c in the room is too high. the tv in the rooms have internaltional channels, and work perfectly. they have a pool but we found it not very clean. the position is strategic, almost everything is easibly reachable. they also offer a triporganisation service, which is good. dont use the internet connection they offer as it is very expensive and you could get it for free at starbucks. breakfast was fine, they serve lot of stuff and there's a lot to eat. the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Camilla M
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The price you see behind the reception is not the price a Thai Citizen will pay. Currently one room is 1180 baht a night. However if you're Thai, expect to pay only 740 baht! This is blatent overcharging and should not be endorsed full stop. If you add this to the other reviews, clearly find somewhere better and less bigoted to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank gazzavegas
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Had stayed here on a short stay. Staff were very accomodating. Though I was not eligible for breakfast as I checked in at around 8AM, on request, they served breakfast for me and my friend. Food quality is good.
Rooms are moderately spacious.
On the flip side, there is limited parking facility. (in case you decide to hire a self driven taxi). There is no swimming pool.
Ideal for travellers on business or short transit.

Room Tip: All rooms are same, but go for double room
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business