“Loved every single night - brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of happy guest house

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
happy guest house
Ranked #323 of 615 Bangkok B&B and Inns
preston, uk
“Loved every single night - brilliant”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Rooms are all excellent. we came back to Bangkok 4 times over 6 months and stayed here every time. Loved it. Every room is the same excellent clean standard and they're about 550 baht for a night. couldn't ask for better. the staff are brilliant. 5 minutes from khao san road. on the door step of loads and loads of bars and restaurants. very little noise reaches your room when your sleeping as long as your not on the ground floor. over all - really really excellent - can't wait to go back!! had excellent cozy feeling in the rooms and the showers were ace and warm. the air con's really good.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2009

This hostel I found disgusting, excpecially when there are so many others nearby to choose from. I booked in advance as arrived on a late flight and first time to BKK however the welcome was pretty terrible. First of all I booked on their website for their ''current special" but when we arrived they said the price was higher. They also required a significant cash bond (which I hadnt previously been asked for in the month I had been travelling through thailand) plus retained my passport..So all this before I even saw the room and then it just got worse: My main issue was the smell - cigarette smell all throughout the guesthouse as they allow smoking in the rooms and reception. I looked at a couple of rooms but they were equally as bad and the stale stench of smoke was intense. The sheets on one of the beds also had bloodspots on them...the room itself was reasonably spacious and bathroom was nice but it was not worth the price in any stretch of the imagination. The next morning I was out of there and found a gem of a guesthouse around the corner - much more basic but a real bargain. I could only imagine people who like to chain smoke would enjoy staying here

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank SkipHopJump

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on the first few days of an almost month long back packing trek throughout Thailand. We chose the pricier of the rooms, still very cheap. It was clean, no bed bugs. It also has air conditioning. It's definitely a no frills place and my husband wasn't too fond of the bathroom; he didn't like the shower being just next too the toilet with no divider or curtain. Sometimes the sheets had spots but we told the front desk and they always changed them for us. Happy House is in a great spot in Bangkok and away from Khao San Road but still close enough to walk there. It is in a nice area for backpackers. Overall it is a good value and after hearing horror stories from friends who stayed in hostels in Bangkok, it's a good choice. If you want to go cheap and not sacrifice cleanliness, it definitely is the place. The staff seemed to be very friendly also. It's close to the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Reclining Buddha also.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Madrid
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Pros: the location is great: close to a Chao Phraya pier allows you to move quickly along the river. It is also very near Khao San Roan but in more quiet place. In fact our room was really quite. It is also cheap (525baht/night with A/A) and have a good staff.
Cons: the room is very small and the sheets had spots. We request to change them two times and the two times the new ones had also spots.
Next time we will try a different guesthouse with clean sheets.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I love Bangkok and I love this guesthouse. I've been travelling for seven months now and everyone I've recommended it to has also loved staying here.

The location is great (for backpackers!) the rooms are spotless and cleaned daily if you request so, en-suites are decent, air-con excellent, not too noisy, a nice bar/restaurant downstairs, and really great staff who are good fun and really helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whiskeydrum
Where in the world...?!
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed at Happy house for 3 nights and it was a great place to see. A short walk to the Khao San Road, and just off Soi Rambuttri which has lots of bars and food stalls, it's located in a quiet street giving you a bit of tranquility amongst the madness of this area. The rooms were discounted to 519Baht for a small double room (ensuite with TV) when we stayed, and i think maybe at their full price of 700+Baht we wouldnt have stayed here as you could stay somewhere with a swimming pool for a similar amount, but for this price it was worth it. The restaurant downstairs serves really nice and reasonably priced local and western food, and there is a really cute little koi pond and chillout area with fold out beds to relax or read a book in. Along with this the staff were lovely and spoke faultless English. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at this inn. The rooms were as pictured on the internet and the breakfast was breakfast, lunch, and dinner rolled into one buffet. At breakfast, you had everything from egg and pancakes to chicken and fried rice. The staff was also very helpful. The location is a little distance from the main sites and the area is a little dirty.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled with family