2,018 results
All reviews khao san road second building main building taxi driver democracy monument grand palace the river swimming pool minute walk walking distance air con nice pool quiet location rooms are clean buffet style wat pho included breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2018

This hotel was exactly as expected after reading travel book recommendations. It is a fine mid-range hotel. The staff was friendly and courteous. We had the Superior level room in the main building; the room was older, but clean and comfortable enough. We had a corner upper floor room, with a wrap-around balcony and sliding doors out to both sides, which afforded an interesting view and a bit of a breeze. The room could use more electrical plugs, towel racks, and some chairs for the balcony. The hotel has a small pool (the water was really cold!). The dining area is nice, and the food was good. The location of the hotel is good for access to Khao San Road (without being in the craziness), and the Phra Ahtit pier where you can catch the tourist boat to get to the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun. The location is a bit hard to find, so make sure you print the map from the website for the taxi driver. The hotel is on a canal, but unfortunately the canal is not an attractive waterway (the water is a dirty brown, and don't be surprised when you see monitor lizards swimming in it!). But if you're interested in seeing how people live along the canals, you'll get a glimpse here.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank archie502
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Located 10 minutes walking distance from Khaosan Road, this hotel has relatively calm ,soothing and antique atmosphere. Equipped with basic facilities but doesn't have a hair dryer and a lot of electrical plugs. Breakfast is not that fancy but delicious enough for my family. Pool is small but enough for my kid. Especially for me, bird's howling sound during night time was horrible. I woke me up at 3:00 in the morning and could not sleep back again. Believe me, normally I am not that sensitive. Free fruits in the lobby was another joy for me from time to time. Note: check-in time is 1:00 PM and check-out time is 11:00 AM.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Ideal for us to acclimatise in Bangkok for a couple of nights. The staff weren’t the friendliest in the world, but the breakfast was good, it was quiet but just 5min walk from Koh San Rd. the room was a good size with a really powerful shower. it’s not accessible by car so get them to drop you on the main road and then just walk along the canal for a few minutes.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2018

The room was a bit on the small side, but had everything we needed. The included breakfast was quite good. Most of the staff was very courteous and helpful. The hotel was an easy 10 minute walk from koh san road, far enough away that it was a quiet stay. It is also fairly close to the Grand Palace and Wat Pho. The only downside was that it is far from the met and sky train. If you stay here make sure you have the name of the hotel written in Thai to give to your taxi driver. That was extremely helpful for us.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2018

This hotel in my opinion was it a great location. The staff were friendly and professional. The style of the hotel is traditional which is what we wanted and the room was clean. I did find the rooms to be very basic and the breakfast although adequate was limited. Nice but if I come back I will look elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple