Lamphu Tree House
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,910 results
All reviewssecond buildingkhao san roadtaxi drivermain buildinggrand palacedemocracy monumentthe riverswimming poolminute walkair conwalking distancesmall balconynice poolquiet arearooms are cleanbuffet stylean extra bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Property is situated in the old city - largely unspoiled section of Bangkok. Surrounding area has character. Unfortunately, the absence of accessible MRT or BTS connections means that travel anywhere outside of the immediate area is a nightmare due to nightmare traffic conditions. Be prepared to spend lots of time in, and money on, taxis!

Rooms in building 2 are very, very small and have limited natural light. Bathrooms are quite nice. I upgraded to a standard room in the main building. It was more spacious and had adequate light. However, paint was pealing off one wall and bathroom was quite primitive. WiFi was good I both rooms. Both were also very clean.

Breakfast was a very boring buffet. Well below standard given rates charged.

Staff were consistently gracious and helpful.

Pool is quite small and routinely overcrowded.

Without major room and culinary enhancements, this property is overpriced.

Room Tip: Avoid the second building!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank USAinnkeeper
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were a group of 3 families. We found the hotel ideal for us and had no difficulty using the on-line booking system. The rooftop area allowed the adults to socialise at night whilst keeping an eye on the kids. The location of the hotel is great - close to Koh San Road area but a quiet location allowing you to get a better glimpse of Bangkok life. The cafe served good food at low cost. The pool area also provided welcome relief from the heat. The rooms were well equipped and serviced. Despite providing the map to our taxi driver, we still drove around in circles trying to find the hotel! No hesitation recommending hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was visually appealing, extremely clean, very accommodating, excellent service, friendly staff. Rooms were more than adequate and quiet. Has a restuarant which provided excellent food that was tasty and fresh with good prices. Breakfast was provided each morning in the package, which was perfect to our needs. Had a pool good for kids and adults. Had a really nice feel and away from hustle and bustle. Make sure you get the thai directions to get to hotel, for taxi , supplied at front desk before you go out. Would recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: The suits are the best option
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I did, when making arrangements to go to Thailand, at one point try to book for a night at Lamphu Tree and the website crashed just as I entered my credit card details. I tried to seek clarification about whether they had received my payment and whether we had a booking. No reply.

There was never any confirmation of reservation or acknowledgement of receipt of payment - so we assumed that the whole booking had fallen through and made alternative arrangements.
As we did not stay at Lamphu Tree, so we were astounded to receive a 5500 Baht charge to our credit card when we returned home to the UK. I have asked them three times for an explanation about the charge. No reply.

Their stoney silence, when asked on numerous occasions for clarification or an explanation, speaks volumes. I will now have to pursue the matter through my credit card company - so tiresome, but I feel strongly that neither I nor anybody else should be charged unfairly. Lamphu Tree are not all that they seem to be.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank John M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Centrally located within walking distance to Koh San road.room was really nice and comfortable.breakfast was pretty good and varied.staff were a bit hit and miss with helpfulness though!would stay again no problem!

• Stayed: April 2013