1,946 results
All reviews khao san road second building taxi driver main building democracy monument grand palace the river swimming pool minute walk walking distance air con nice pool quiet area rooms are clean buffet style wat pho boutique hotel
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was part of a six week trip round Asia, I had pre-booked all my hotels and had leant mainly on the reviews off TA. Was very pleased with Lamphu Tree House.
Bangkok isn't my favourite place, it was really just a stop over before Chiang Mai. The hotel is down a quiet little lane which runs along the river. It's about a 5 minute walk to the very busy Khao San road. The rooms were comfy and clean, and I thought they had a good selection for breakfast.
There was a bar a few doors down called the Rolling Bar which was a nice place to go for a few drinks and they played live music.
Would definitely recommend for a budget guesthouse off the smelly streets off Bangkok and in a nice quiet oasis all of its own

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindz31
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Lamphu Tree House is in a good location, about a10 minute walk from Khao San Road and not too far from the river to catch the boat transport.
It always sounds nice to overlook water, but in reality the klong is polluted, smelly and not that scenic!
The breakfast spread is good and the common areas of the hotel are rather lovely. The pool is small but inviting and a treat to have in Bangkok. The staff are extremely helpful, efficient and friendly.
Where the place really disappoints is with the rooms. We stayed in a deluxe room which was about on par with budget spots I have stayed in Bangkok for B400 ($20). It definitely was not worth the B1,800 ($60) we paid! The room was small, the bathroom was a bit grubby and had a moldy shower curtain. The water pressure was weak. I expected a whole lot more as at the time this was the most I had ever spent for a room in Bangkok!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Natakali
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed there for one night after a flight from New Delhi. We arrived late and they were out of standard rooms so we had pay for a deluxe room which is almost the same as standard but costs more. Good atmosphere, clean swimming pool and the breakfast was ok. It was more expensive than I expected, probably because they got such a good review from Lonely Planet, so we only stayed one night and stayed at Khaosan Road instead (5-10 min walk from Lamphu).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Lamphu Tree House is decent, but I was a bit let down when I arrived, because I had read other reviews that made it sound super amazing, so I had very high expectations. Also, I think they have a very skilled photographer/photoshopper for their website, who makes the hotel look a lot more beautiful than it looks in real life! Anyways, on the plus side, the neighbourhood where it is located is cute and has character - you can walk to the Grand Palace in about 40 mins. The hotel has a very "hostel" feel. If I went back, I would book one of the best rooms, on the "penthouse" floor - I had a peek at one, and it looked really nice. I stayed in one of the "Deluxe" rooms, and this class of room looked a lot better on the internet than it did in real life! I was also a bit horrified when I saw a giant cockroach running through the hall, the night of arrival! At first I was upset, and we considered booking a new hotel, for the next two nights, but we decided just to stay because we liked the area where the hotel was. So, the beginning wasn't so good, but I liked the hotel more, as days passed. The breakfast was quite good - fresh fruit, eggs, etc. The dinner l I had in the hotel restaurant was not very tasty - it was a soup I had never tried before (some sort of meat soup - didn't end up liking it or eating it - and I am not a picky eater; I will eat almost everything). Lamphu Tree house is hard to find, upon arrival, because the street it is on is pedestrian only. It was confusing for our cab driver, even with the print out map from the hotel! You need to ask to be let out of the cab at the "Wan Chat bridge" and walk from there. Anyways, all in all, this place is not bad, and it does have personality, compared to modern and fancy mega hotels in the Sathorn area. But I think if I go back to Bangkok, I would rather try something new, rather than returning to Lamphu Tree hotel!

Room Tip: the Deluxe rooms look way better on the website than in real life! better to pay a bit more for a higher room class, in my opinion
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina P
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Overall a good experience made better by friendly staff, we stayed in the main building great location in the old city and nice vibe which made chatting to other residents easy. The pool and outside area was nice as were the views from the rooftop area and breakfast was excellent. the main fault is the rooms which are a little dated and musty though clean.There was some night time noise at times due to room design. The A/C was aimed at the bed which was not great and the bathroom for the price was pretty basic but its a good base in the city and i would stay again. there is a bag storage area and the its safe and friendly and definitely has a certain charm, just maybe not the best value hence the average rating

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple