“Perfection!!!”
Review of Lamphu Tree House

Lamphu Tree House
Ranked #140 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights - our first time in Thailand. We loved it!!! From the moment I started to book the accommodation on line to the very second we checked out, the staff were wonderfully helpful. The manager had sent through (via email) a map written in Thai to show the taxi driver so he would not take us to the 'other' Lamphu hotel. We arrived in BKK about 9pm. A staff member came out to the road to assist with our bags; refreshing juice was given before checking in; paper work dealt with very quickly and just as quickly we were in our rooms. We had decided to place our 17 year old daughter in her own room and requested that she be immediately next to us; this was catered for without any problems. During our stay, ALL staff members were extremely helpful, polite, friendly and assisted where possible. They also advised us (and put up notices) about the local scams etc by taxi and tuk tuk drivers and helped to arrange a tour to the River Kwai ...which was the greatest fun and very good value for money.
I read some feedback about other guests not being understood, and complaints that the staff didn't speak/understand English. I can only say that we did not experience this but then we also respected the fact that we were visitors in a foreign country and did not expect everyone to speak our level of English.
The rooms were neat, clean, cosy and comfortable. Our rooms were on the 'wrong' side of the motel (not over looking the pool) but there was nothing wrong with this at all. They were cleaned every day and the bar fridge re-stocked. Water was complimentary. The breakfast was superb and whilst I and my daughter enjoyed traditional Thai meals my husband was able to indulge in bacon and eggs - all tastes were accommodated. Bar and restaurant for other meals etc was also excellent.
Location was also perfect. As per many reviews - 20 minutes to Grand Palace; 10 minutes to Khoa San Rd; wonderful bar on the corner (Rolling Bar) with live music; pier about 10 minutes; plenty to look at on your walks. Taxis and tuk tuks easily accessible. It has the ideal combination of being close to the action but also being far enough to be quiet and relaxing.
Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank ItchyfeetTasmania
Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. We arrived at 09:00 in the morning and we needed to wait till 11:00. That was fine because they tried to get it ready as soon as possible.
The staff is friendly and helpfull. The pool is perfect if you want to cool down.
The owner helped us to grab a taxi to drive on the meter instead of the fixed prices for tourists.
When im back in BKK I will return to this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Merijn26
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at Lamphu tree last time my hubby and I were in Bangkok and would definitely use it again! It has everything for an intimate stay and a lovely decorated boutique feel.

The double rooms are decorated nicely and the beds comfy. The shower is clean and basic soap and shower creme is provided with fluffy towels.

The brekkie is huge and buffet and you can have most things expected- we had bacon, eggs and toast with juice and tea/ coffee. All lovely.

the swimming pool was nice to use after a day around BKK or just to relax after a long flight arriving.

The staff were always polite and helpful.

Room Tip: I did not use room service and I am not sure if there is any- but the restaurants are close or stree...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Millyalan
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here in August-September 2012 for the third time. The hotel continues to uphold its high standards. Rooms are clean and large (though I admittedly splurged for a corner suite), the breakfast is hearty and good, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The manager remembered me from my previous visits, which is impressive as I hadn't been there for 18 months.

Highly recommended for those looking for something a bit out of the way of the busyness of the central area and a bit more upscale than the backpacker lodges on Khao San road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Golda135
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights. We had a standard room, which included a large TV, aircon, minibar and hot water. It was absolute luxury for us as we have been backpacking for a month! Sadly, we didn't have time to use the pool, but it looked lovely. The rooms are clean, the staff are friendly and helpful and breakfast is amazing! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 6am without a reservation. Right away we got a discount walk in rate, and we were allowed to immediately check in, take a shower and have breakfast in the outside garden, even though it was only included for the next day.

The staff was always super nice, and gave very good advices on how to get to places using public transportation, not just giving the easy answer "Take a taxi.".

The pool area was tiny, but good enough, once you have better things to do and see in Bangkok than to hangout there.

The only problem with the room were the small windows, but the decoration was nice. There are shower facilities available, in case you have a late flight, and have already checked out.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MariaCNeves
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights after reading the reviews on TA. I didn't realise it's not directly accessible by road; it's actually set on a canal about 50m from the road, which was a little confusing for us and our taxi driver when we first arrived, but we soon worked it out. After that, it was actually nice being tucked away from the Bangkok traffic a bit. It's nice to go for a walk along the canal. The room was probably a little smaller than I imagined, but pleasantly decorated with a comfy bed. Staff were friendly and helpful, although when we got back late one evening and asked for an extra pillow, the night staff had to call one of the managers because they didn't speak any English and couldn't understand what we were after! The pool was refreshing, but there were lots of screaming children (with their parents yelling at them to behave) in and around it much of the time we were there. Breakfast buffet was awesome. Cocktails (and mocktails) at the restaurant were pretty good too. They looked after our bags for us after checkout on the last day (including our friend's bags, even though she'd had to stay at a different hotel). A good place for families.

Room Tip: It's nice to have a room overlooking the pool, but you will get more noise from the children in...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends