1,945 results
All reviewskhao san roadsecond buildingtaxi drivermain buildingdemocracy monumentgrand palacethe riverswimming poolminute walkwalking distanceair connice poolquiet arearooms are cleanbuffet stylewat phoboutique hotel
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The hotel is in good condition, clean and well maintained. Staff are polite and helpful. Price is good for a central bangkok location especially considering breakfast is included and there is a swimming pool. Location is off the tourist track and you willl need to keep a map and the address on you at all times (one piece of advice is to get the hotel to write the address in Thai on the map from their website, took us 8 attempts at one shopping centre to find a taxi meter who knew where we were going!). Rooms are a decent size, the sink is in the bedroom with toilet and shower in a seperate room, i booked a double and got 2 singles pushed together (not sure if this applies to every double though). Breakfast is typical western buffett with the odd thai dish added in and quality was fine. Its in a great location to access the tourist areas without being in the middle of the tourist areas.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Adrian B
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was SUPPOSED to say in this hotel last month. I sent an e-mail to a staff named Ms. Kwan who said that I didn't need to give my credit card number to guarantee my reservation. Although the hotel is relatively pricey, I opted to stay here because my other inexpensive option received a negative review regarding credit card transaction.

Prior to my departure date, I sent several e-mails to Ms. Kwan asking for some information on tours and other things. My queries were promptly answered and I was all set to go to Thailand.

I took a taxi to get to the hotel and even though I gave the location map to the driver, he still had trouble finding the hotel and he had to stop a couple of times to ask people for directions in order to locate the area. Upon my arrival, I gave the front desk staff the print out of my reservation details. After waiting for awhile, one of the staff informed us that my name was not in the list of expected guests for the day. He suggested that I stay at a nearby newly-opened hotel that is affiliated with Lamphu Tree House. Having no other choice and considering that night has fallen and being tired from a long bus ride, I followed his suggestion. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the hotel. Although it seems that my case was an isolated incident, I thought the management could have shown better customer service by making up for their mistake by giving me a room upgrade or providing a big discount to the alternative hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WomanWander
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very nice welcome helping with bags etc. pool is amazing & unlimited towels. Breakfasts are the best I've ever had. WiFi only works in the lobby which can be tricky. The hotel staff are trustworthy & reasonably helpful for Thai standards, restaurant staff are quick to serve you morning coffee & help in any way. Fresh milk for breakfast (a rarity in Thailand) I thought the room was beautiful flat screen TV & the expected Thai hard bed. My only complaint is security out the front of the Hotel. It is located Canalside (hard for taxi drivers to find) which means right at the open entrance to the lobby come dining area the locals can come & go & often fetcher on the steps. My 2 year old daughter played soccer with some local kids & it went unnoticed by me at the time that a neighbour of the hotel used a little girl to steal things from me -y camera with hundreds of baby photos on the memory card got stolen. When I spoke to the hotel Mabager his only concern seemed to be defending the integrity of his staff. He told me he watched CCTV footage & saw nothing! At no stage did I accuse his staff I just wanted to get help. These kids played directly out the front of the hotel & used the game as a decoy. So be careful. She will use her kids & her nieces etc to steal. Not good. & a mild reflection on the Hotel as they must be aware of this yet they did nothing to stop me or warn me.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank MissCherry
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Really nice small hotel, tucked away from the main road along the canal. Friendly staff, good English spoken. Located 10mins max walk away from Koh San Road. Definitely print the directions out in Thai for the taxi drivers, as no one seems to know where it is!
Nice small pool, with towels provided, much needed to escape the city heat.
Rooms are pretty standard, nice large comfy bed with awesome air con. Bathrooms a little small and the showers not brilliant, but they do the job. Breakfast is a buffet and seems to cater for most, fresh fruit, yoghurts, toast, and all the cooked things both European and Thai, unlimited quantities sets you up for the day. Staff very helpful on booking taxis to and from the airport plus you can leave your bags with them if you have a late flight.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BimbleEssex_UK
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Welcome drinks on arrival, free fruit laid out each day, great breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms with quiet air con, friendly and informative staff, quality fittings, lovely pool area, and good location for markets and places to eat.

If I had one criticism it would be the odd waft (only when in pool area) from stagnant river close by...but this is infrequent and not so bad.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple