“Great Hotel, excellent service”

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #118 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Norway
“Great Hotel, excellent service”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Overall it was extremely good value for money, excellent service and the roof top swimming pool was great! If we ever go back to Bangkok this is were we'll stay.

Stayed here for one night while on our way home from southern Thailand.
We found the hotel location very good, close to both subway and skytrain stations. Not too much in the way of restaurants right next to the hotel, but many within 10-15 min walking distance, e.g. "Cabbages & Condoms".
Room was very well made up, cannot fault it except that it was slightly small. No problem for one night, but for longer stays we'd recommend an upgraded room if you're not traveling alone (we had the standard room). Best bed we slept on for three weeks in Thailand, and it was large. Impressive bathroom, only a glass wall separates it from the rest of the hotel room, but there's a curtain for privacy.
Service and staff were great, they really went out of their way to help us and make our stay as comfortable as possible. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stay here regularly and the results are always the same, excellent.
We are never disappointed at the quality of service.
Have not eaten at the restaurant as is expensive. Plenty more eateries on offer in city.

united states
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I had read the reviews of this hotel for months prior to booking. Everything good I had read was true. It was everything I had expected and more. There is too much to say about how great this place was. The staff was as excellent as the accomadations and service. I am currently planning a trip back to Bangkok soon and will be staying here again. Thanks to the staff for taking care of me.

--Dave Stro

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
NY
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We only stayed at the Park Plaza Sukhumvit for 2 days but we wished we had stayed longer. The rooms were beautiful- very clean and new with a great bathroom and a good shower with strong pressure. The linens were very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The staff spoke English very well and was extremely helpful to us in getting around. The pool on the roof is the perfect temperature and the view is gorgeous- we had drinks up there and it was very romantic and lovely. The gym is small but didn't seem to be used much. Breakfast is not included- that would be my only criticism. It's a lovely hotel and I would go back if i were in Thailand again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Well, what can I say that hasn’t already been said, this hotel is just quite simply superb.

It’s quite a small hotel which offers as much quality and style as any of the larger 5 star hotels but at a fraction of the price.

I can’t compliment this hotel enough, the Room’s, the Restaurant/Bar, the Service, the staff, are all just first class, and if the previous reviews aren’t enough to convince you to stay at this hotel on your visit, I hope this review does.

If there is one criticism to make, it’s the price the hotel charges for airport collection. It was total naivety on my behalf that I booked a car to collect us from the Airport and in hindsight it was a big mistake, I should have done my research. The cost for collection was 1800 baht which amounts to roughly £35.00 sterling; it only costs 400 baht (£8.00) by taxi.

However, this is a tip for you make note of, not a complaint as it was my error.

I recommend that you visit the Grand Palace and as a previous review says, hire a guide, we didn’t but wish we had, it’s a beautiful place so take plenty of pictures.

I would also recommend a visit to the Siam Paragon Mall, it’s full of fabulous shops and restaurants.

Siam Niramit is well worth a visit for a spectacular show and I promise you, it’s a show on a different level to what you will have ever seen before.

On a final note regarding the hotel, I was so impressed with it that I’m going to book another two nights stay there, right after I have finished this review.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Fantastic place overall! They can charge more for what they deliver.
Best part:
1) incredibly helpful staff. Always keen to help. Genuine smiles and warm hearted.
2) beautiful very modern room. very clean. lots of small touches that make it personal. the elephant shaped towels ( hard to imagine but take my word for it), the pears, the lemon grass scent on the hall all add to the whole experience. free bottles of water.
3) really good bed! hard to find good beds like these in budget priced hotels.
4) the price---they have the right to charge more than many 5 stars I have stayed in.
5) just 1-2 minutes away from BTS and MRT. Close but not too close to the chaos in Sukhumvit.
Not so good part:
I gave 600 Baht for my breakfast but was not offered the 12Baht back while checking out. I know it's only 12 baht but the intention matters. Very very forgivable. She might actually have offered it but because I was rushing out for my taxi, I might not have heard.

Overall, fantastic experience. I decided to give the staff a nice thank you letter and a box of european chocolates.

• Stayed September 2009
London, UK
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We stayed in the Park Plaza at the beginning of September and found it great value for money. The rooms are spotless with modern decor and the roof top pool is gorgeous. The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel provides internet access and printing free of charge. The sky train is just around the corner which i's advise using instead of taxis (which are v cheap) as they tend to get stuck in traffic. A word of warning for first time visitors to Bangkok - ignore anyone outside of the main tourist attractions who tells you that they're closed that day or are only open to Thai people. We got sucked into this and ended up in a tuk tuk for most of the day being ferried to tourist shops that we didn't want to go to! we found a lot of people approached us with 'tourist police' cards who insisted on poutting us into a tuk tuk and sending us to various suit/jewellery shops, travel agents, etc. Tourist information offices will be clearly sign posted, official representatives will not approach you on the street. The receptionist at the hotel told us all of this after we had told them of our experience - best to ask advice before venturing out when you're jet lagged!