“A little calm in bustling Bangkok”

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
Ranked #117 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Without doubt next time we travel to Thailand we will stay here again when we get to Bangkok.
The hotel was nice - not outstanding, the pool area was ok, the 'gym' teeny tiny, and the 'view' from the room was an apartment block...but the rooms were a good size, clean, quiet, the food was good (nb we didn't dine here in the evening but the breakfast was great to set us up for the day) and the staff were literally the nicest hotel staff i have ever encountered - helpful, friendly, cheerful - they really gave the hotel its lovely ambience.
The location was absolutely brilliant - just a few seconds to the BTS station.
I'd say the hotel would be perfect for any age - if you're young and looking to go out its well located, if you're after relaxation its nice and quiet, Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked an apartment block - but potentially this was why it was so lovely and quiet!
1  Thank Gemjam85

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here whilst the main road in front was barracaded due to the protests. The hotel were very sympathetic due to this as there was noise from 8pm - midnight, but there wasnt anything to be done about this.
The hotel was clean, modern and well maintained. The pool and gym were also modern and clean and towels were available. Breakfast was a fantastic choice of anything amd everything.
Its right next to to the subway and sky train so,you can travel around Bangkok and also straight to the airport, which we found very beneficial, rather than hitting the Bangkok traffic.
Location, cleanliness and friendly staff made our 4 day stay very enjoyable, even with the protests on.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view on the 15th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Cee Cee,

Thank you for sharing your Friendly experience while staying at the park plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok

We are happy to hear that the staff did what ever it took to make your stay enjoyable despite the protest going on during that period.
As you are certainly aware, the protest have now moved out and the situation is back to normal with the usual well known Bangkok traffic.

We do hope your journey will bring you back to Bangkok and would have a chance to see the city of Angels as a normal state.

Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleague directly.

Wishing you a nice day,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Park Plaza was fine but I wish I would have read about the demonstrations happening literally right outside the entrance of this hotel before booking. The noise on the loud speaker outside Terminal 21 mall started around 6am every morning and finished at 11pm making it hard to sleep as you could definitely hear it from inside the hotel. If you are booking while the demonstrations are still happening, I would recommend requesting a room at the back of the hotel which may be quieter. The tents set up along the sidewalks outside also make it difficult to walk around while dodging traffic.They really should be offering customers discounts or vouchers to use in the hotel due to the inconvenience. The room was clean and as previous reviewers have said, the hotel is in a good location. I debated between this hotel and the Park Plaza on Soi 18 which is only about a 5min walk away. After seeing both I would recommend the other one that seems to be a bit more modern and on a quieter street.

2  Thank CANTravel11
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Staff is very nice and location of this hotel was nice! close the nightlife and Terminal 21 shopping mall. Breakfeast was realy nice. There is lobby in 2th floor where you can have compliment coffee at any time of the day. Will come again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed at the Park Plaza this week on a short business trip to Bangkok. Consequently I arrived at the hotel at 9pm and left at 9am the next morning. On arrival we discovered the hotel is within the blocked off 'compound' occupied by the protestors so vehicle access was prohibited. In saying this there was no obstruction to our entry and apart from not being able to drive in, there was no real downside. But you need to consider which roads you approach the hotel from to avoid a decent walk. On check in we were asked for a deposit for the room. Although termed a deposit the amount reserved was nearly 50% higher than our agreed price for the room. I questioned this but was told it was normal practice. The hotel was kind enough to upgrade me to a corner room on the 14th floor. The room was of a good size with both a bath and standing shower. Everything worked although there was a sort of stale smell in the room. It was also a bit noisy up to 11pm due to the video screen on the protest site opposite. The next morning I popped down for breakfast which was ok with cereals, fruit, and a selection of hot foods and eggs cooked to order. Service was also ok but not overly accommodating. On check out it took several attempts to get to the correct charge and I am yet to review my VISA statement to make sure all went through ok. In truth I thought this was a GOOD hotel and I wished the trip advisor ratings allowed for this as the AVERAGE rating is probably a little harsh, but it certainly did not feel like VERY GOOD. To be honest, with hotel prices as they are in Bangkok right now, in future I would rather pay a few more dollars and stay in both an 'easier' location with a bit more luxury. I would say the Park Plaza was good value for money but I was hoping for a bit more in terms of service and room.

Room Tip: At the moment, I would suggest a room away from the Asok end of the hotel would be less noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank paffytripper
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear "paffytripper"

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor for future traveler to read.

We understand your posting and thank you for precising we were on the "good" side rather than on the average.
Thank you for informing us on the deposit we will have a look and ensure that the procedure applied is as per standards from the entire team. Regarding your statement, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at reservations.bangkok@parkplaza.com should there is any issue with double posting due to the post machine trouble.

Once again thank you for taking your time and should you journey bring you to Bangkok, please do not hesitate to contact us for any best deal available.

We wish you a nice day,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed for two nights and I enjoyed my visit very much.
The location is excellent, if you want to explore Bangkok on your own, due to the close stops of the public transportation systems (BTS, MRT). It is also easy to reach from the international airport.

The service in general was very good and the staff was always mindful. For instance I got very helpful tips how I could reach certain spots in the city, which made it easier for me to move around during the “Bangkok Shutdown”.
The room (Executive Park Room) had a modern atmosphere and was perfectly clean (multiple room service per day).

The rate for the room is really fair, even though breakfast is not included. Breakfast itself might be one of the few points for improvement. It took always some time until the buffet got refilled + some blunt knifes need also improvement. Also the variety is only on an average level for someone who enjoys a big breakfast.

However these are only minor points, so that in the end I would definitely recommend the Park Plaza.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Martin M
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Martin,

Thank you for sharing your experience while visiting Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the team was helpful and friendly and be able to deliver our "Yes I can" promise delivery.

We have well noted your comments on the breakfast and due to the guest variety we try to have a fair of Western and Asian selection and will certainly pay attention to all variety and hot station selection.

Once again thank you for taking your time and we wish you a great week ahead,

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I couldn't make my mind up between Maduzi and Park Plaza, so I decided to stay in both. Park Plaza is a 5 minute walk from Asok BTS, which is directly connected to Terminal 21. Although the room isn't huge, it is very clean and cosy enough for 2 without being cramped. Breakfast was good although the variety could be improved. They had these little bottles of sweets and cookies which I felt were a very nice touch and were a hit with the children. Staff were very nice and friendly and also helpful. We needed help locating a particular massage place and the staff gave us directions in good English. I would recommend this hotel and no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Ms. Lynn,

Greetings from Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok !

We are glad you decide to stay with us, you enjoyed your stay and are ready to come back to visit us in a future.

Our Cozy property is ideally located near Asoke Junction, entertainment area and shopping malls. I am pleased to hear that our team was able to deliver all information requested and served you and your family with care on a friendly manner.

Your comments will be passed on to the team from who it is always rewarding to be mentioned.

Once again for taking your time to post a review and should you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We wish you a nice week ahead,