Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$316
$251
2,634 results
All reviewsrooftop pooldeluxe corner roomasok stationsmall gymsoi cowboysmall hotelrain showerconvenient locationmin walktaxi driverbusiness hotelstayed here for nightslocation is excellentshopping mallbuffet breakfastsukhumvittrain
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After staying five night at it´s sister hotel a block away we felt a bit disappointed. The room was somewhat worn but had great views to three different directions.
The hallway had a feeling of not being air conditioned, the roof top pool was nice but the tiles on the deck needed cleaning and some of the was loose.
Great staff, service minded and swift.
The hotel is just about a four minutes walk from the BTS station Asoke and Terminal 21. Also don´t miss the restaurant Suda also four minutes away locates in a alley on Sukhumvit. Just turn left when you come to Sukhumvit and walk to the second alley were you will find a teak furniture dealer in the corner and further in you can see the simple restaurant Suda that has real nice Thai food.

Room Tip: Get up above the 10th and a corner room. Direction is less important, you will get a view either way. It´s also more quiet a few stories up.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great Rooms with a very nice bathroom! We liked it so much. The room is spacious and the beds are really comfortable. Everything was clean and the room service is perfect. Staff was more than friendly. The location is very close to the Asoke BTS Station, just 3 minutes away. The area is lively and there are many many shops and restaurants around the hotel. Don´t forget to visit the nice pool on the rooftop!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Sunflower,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Park Plaza Sukhumvit with fellow travelers. Glad you appreciate the Bathroom with a view and our Rain shower.
Your comments will be passed on to our staff and ensure their friendly service and "Yes I can" vision remain at all time.

We all look forward to welcoming you soon,
Kindest Regards,

Veronique Sirault
General manager.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Not 5 star. It's a boutique hotel. Located at a 5 star location. Quality of hotel is 4 star. Which is very good.

Clean. Efficient. Good size. Excellent location. Short walk to Asok sky train station and Terminal 21 mall.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2012
ParkPlazaSukhumvit, General Manager at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Faisal,

Thank you for your brief and clear description of Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok . We are glad you enjoyed your stay and highly recommend us to fellow travelers.

We wish you a nice week end ahead,
Kindest Regards,

Veronique Sirault
General Manager.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at Park Plaza Sukhumvit Hotel for 6 Nights from 16-22 Sep as a solo female traveller. I was in BKK for a training course and the most convenient mode of transport to the training venue was by the MRT. The hotel is less than 5 mins walk from Sukhumvit MRT Station and Asok BTS Station. And it took me around 20 mins to reach my training venue by MRT. It is really convenient for me as I could avoid the crazy BKK traffic!
However, the best thing about the hotel are actually the staff, everyone working in the hotel made me felt really welcome and it was actually home away from home! Their warmth and caring ways reduced my homesickness by loads! I could feel the sincerity from the staff members who genuinely cared for my comfort and well being! The door man, the porters, the staff at reception area, the resaurant staff and housekeepers, all of them really made my stay a wonderful experience. Special thanks to Ken at Reception whom has offered me assistance on several occasions. This is the first time I stayed at this hotel and if I return to BKK, this will definitely be my first choice hotel to stay at :)

Room Tip: Only the corner rooms have bath tubs, so if you prefer a bath tub, book a corner room. However, my room without a bath tub is so huge and comfortable I am willing to forgo a bath tub :) Braekfast is not included but you can pay a special rate upon check in, otherwise, you pay a higher rate if you order ala carte or pay to the cafe directly.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank shelnmum
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great value for money.
I think we paid about $80 Aud for the night.
I only booked here because it was close to the bus station making it easy to get down to Ban Phe the next day.
When we got there we were very impressed with the quality of hotel, it was only small, but the rooms were just as nice as places that we paid double the price for in other parts of Thailand and the location was fantastic.
Better than all of this was the staff, they were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I am pretty sure we just got the basic room, its was great though. Very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple