This is a nice contemporary clean and affordable hotel in a great location (5 minute walk from the skytrain and a 400 baht cab ride from the airport. My wife and i stayed here 4 nights and we were very comfortable. Complimentary water everyday and free wi-fi is a huge plus. The beds are of medium firmness and quite comfortable - which was very important after 24 hours of flying from the U.S.
We stayed in room 607 in a deluxe corner room. And it looked as though it was recently renovated - Really clean bathroom (new tiles). There is a nice sized tub and shower. Being a foodie, I thought that The resturant food was decent and the breakfast buffet was just ok, but pricey for Bangkok ($15 US dollars per/person). There is a small rooftop pool and gym (which we never used).
The staff is very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
1. get the deluxe suite with either a corner room or room facing the street. It's worth it and big enough for 2 people.
2. If you need conceirge help, ask for Ken. He was very knowledgable about resturants and bars. One night we were looking for a place to go and Ken gave us a coupon to a bar. It was free admission and good for 2 free drinks. A nice place to people watch and we enjoyed the music the djay played. The bartenders are friendly and chatty.
3. if you want groceries, hit Foodland. Take a right when you exit the hotel, then cross the street bridge to the other side. A 5 minute walk.
4. if you have multiple devices that need a wi-fi connection (we had 2 iphones and an ipad) just ask for multiple passwords. 1 password per device.
5. there is a new huge 7 level mall a 10 minute walk from the hotel. There are literally 200+ stores, if you like to shop like me. There are also many cheap food options at the food court.
6. if you want to take a cab anywhere, I'd suggest taking the yellow and green ones (the only ones that seem to know where they're going). And confirm that the driver really knows where he is going.. Most cabs seems to get lost a lot????? One cab couldn't find a resturant which was 5 minutes away from the hotel and another got lost taking us to the airport!! Really??!?
Overall, i would recommend this hotel for a 3-4 night stay because it's comfortable, convenient and the staff is friendly and very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- -Complimentary Internet (in room and all public areas)-24h free coffee, tea, juices, cokkies, etc-All guest rooms with wooden floors, rain shower, free coffee and tea, ironing board and iron, 60+ tv channels-Perfect for honeymooners, leisure and business travellers, Pre or Post Cruise Ship TripsA sanctuary for business travelers in Thailand, the boutique Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok Hotel provides a comfortable atmosphere. With its superb location and stylish facilities, Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok offers a unique, personalized experience that ensures that guests feel welcome. For added convenience, all guest rooms and public areas are free wireless hot spots. Enjoy complimentary refreshments at CO2 Lounge & Restaurant and the short walking distance to the Skytrain and Subway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Sukhumvit Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Park Plaza Bangkok
- Bangkok Park Plaza