“Vegetarian Heaven”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Description: Our Raw food cafe, offering a menu of mostly cold and Raw food based on May's signature recipes including Raw Pad Thai, Pesto Pasta, pomelo salad. Green curry and Massaman curry also served at this location. We also serve our homemade Ginger Pomegranate tea and Hibiscus tea.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food was unique, tasty, fresh and well vegetarian.
We were a big group so tried out about 10 different dishes; I loved the Massaman curry the best.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a vegan restaurant on Samsen near Soi 2. I had the buffet and it was clearly the best meal I have had in Bangkok.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The cooking school experience was fantabulous! Great tuition, amazing food (and I cooked it myself!!). The new location is state of the art - stainless steel (clean), extractor and air conditioned. 4 hours of heaven. Came back again and again for lunch and dinner. Just terrific. Bought their book.Then went to the May Kaidee's in Chiang Mai for another experience, at her house in the country!
Fully recommend May's. Amazing cook. A legend.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I found this place through a vegetarian friend that highly recommended it. It’s a bit tricky to get there, but if you follow my directions you’ll be fine. Tell the taxi driver to drop you off at Khao San Road and walk down the street until you hit a Burger King across the perpendicular road. After crossing turn right and then turn left on the first corner (before the headlight), and then make a left turn once again (right behind the Burger King). If you arrive at the Post Office, then you’ve passed the corner when you’re supposed to turn left. You’ll see a blue sign near the rooftop of the house that says, “Cooking Class, sign up now!” and one near the entrance that says, “May Kaydee’s Original vegetarian restaurant, cooking school, since 1988.’ The interior décor is not dazzling, however you’re there for the food, and I assure you that it is absolutely delicious, creative, and innovative. My brother and father are not vegetarian, and they were hesitant to go. However, they ended up loving it, and we came back for a second time during our stay in Bangkok. The prices are also quite decent, way below the average price for dining at a restaurant in the city.

As starters we ordered fresh spring rolls that came with a delightful peanut sauce, and fried spring rolls. For our main course we tried the pad Thai, and a green curry with tofu, pumpkin and other vegetables. For drinks we had the mango slush and May Kaydee’s signature slush made out of orange, pineapple, mango, ginger, and other spices; very refreshing. Of course, I could not skip on indulging on one of my favorite desserts: mango with sticky rice and coconut sauce. The rice was black and I was able to identify some spices like cinnamon, the coconut milk was spread evenly on top of the slices of fresh mango; the best dessert of the kind that I have ever had.

Do not miss out on this wonderful dining experience, even if you’re not fond of vegetarian food. I guarantee that you will unquestionably enjoy it.

2  Thank NofSE
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

As vegetarians, my wife and I sought out a few different veg. Friendly restaurant's on our holiday in Thailand, May Kaidee's was easily the best food. The pad see ew was the best I've ever had. The menu is extensive, all 3 dishes and drinks we ordered were delicious, I think you could order anything and be in safe hands there. Wish May was near our home!