“Going Back for More”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The first is still number one. From its beginnings as Bangkok’s original Mexican restaurant, Mexicano now builds on a foundation whose house is indeed the house of all for outstanding Mexican cuisine. For more than two decades dinners have enjoyed the best Mexican cuisine in Bangkok at the Rembrandt Hotel. Renamed Mexicano, the tradition continues at our restaurant with a heightened focus on authenticity, fun and friendliness. We continue to bring you Mexican chefs, musicians and the largest selection of tequilas in Thailand, plus the authentic aromas and tastes of Mexico. Take a walk on the wild side and experience the only authentic Mexican cuisine not only in Bangkok, but all of Thailand. Our Mexican chefs, hailing from South of the Border, prepare only the finest cuisine stemming from recipes handed down by generations at Mexicano Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar at the Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok. Also indulge yourself in the largest selection of tequilas in Thailand while getting your salsa on with our live Mexican band. Winner for over the past decade of one of Thailand’s best restaurants.
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Going Back for More”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant inspired me to write my first review. I just finished my meal at Senor Pico and fired up my computer to advise fellow travelers to visit this restaurant in Bangkok, when you're feeling like some North American favor. I broke from the norm (Fajitas) and went for the enchiladas, and they were fabulous. The meal had just the right amount of heat to be authentic and not overpowering to reduce the flavor. I even let the staff convince me to indulge with a fantastic sangria. I'm looking forward to going back, and this time trying the margaritas. They're doing it right, enjoy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Don C
SenorPico, Manager at Mexicano Restaurante, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Don C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let our fellow travelers know about Senor Pico. It was a pleasure having you here last night, and I'm glad that you enjoyed our enchiladas and Sangria. Keep in mind that our band from Mexico performs everyday except Monday, so hopefully you'll get the full Senor Pico experience next time you return.

We'll have a cold Margarita waiting for you!

• Thai first
Metro Manila, Philippines
“Great place for Latin Music & Mexican food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

If you want to hear a live Mexican band playing latin american hits from the last 20 years and some great Mexican food, you have to try Senor Picos. The Atun del diablo is excellent!

SenorPico, Manager at Mexicano Restaurante, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear MakatiJoe,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful 5 star review. Our Mexican band is winning the hearts and ears of our customers, and they will really appreciate your kind words. I just had the Atun del Diablo a few days ago, and it really is amazing! The spice is perfect, and the tuna is incredibly fresh.

Again, thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you back at Senor Pico soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
“awesome food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

if you are looking for a nice delicious mexican food then this is the right place in bangkok.Guamole was awesome ,dacos was exceptional and the margarita drinks was just over the top .the atmosphere of the restaurant was very calm and very mexican style.

4 Thank 0816jamir
SenorPico, Manager at Mexicano Restaurante, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear 0816jamir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review! Two of our chefs are from Mexico, and they love to hear such great feedback about their food.

I'm also glad that you enjoyed our Senor Pico atmosphere. We have been working to make it perfect, and the customer feedback has been very positive. Thank you again for coming, and I hope to see you again soon!

Bangkok
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic food served in Great style”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Heh guys I actually ate in Senor Picos 2 weeks ago and had thought to write a review but you know i was a little lazy to do so but again tonight I was thinking about the great food we had there and how great the guacamole and tacos were It made me think of home, PV Mexico..... WOW! Its hard to find good Mexican outside of Mexico DF pero Viva Senor Picos!

Thanks to the team there for making us feel at home... by the way the Margaritas were delicious.

1 Thank Gman_mago
SenorPico, Manager at Mexicano Restaurante, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Gman_mago,

Muchas gracias, and thank you for spending the time to review our restaurant. As you probably know, we have two chefs from Mexico who take great pride in the dishes that they serve. The guacamole is a classic Senor Pico dish, and the tacos are delicioso!

We hope to have you back for some more authentic Mexican and for the best margarita in Bangkok.

Genesee, Colorado
“Excellent Mexican Restaurant in the Heart of Bangkok”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stumbled across Señor Pico restaurant and tequila bar while trying to get a Mexican food fix in the heart if Sukhumvit, Bangkok. Located inside the Rembrandt Hotel (1st floor) on SOI 18 is an absolute treasure. We started with fantastic scratch margaritas (the first we have had since relocating to Bangkok about a month ago). The margarita selection is comprehensive but we settled on the Hacienda on the rocks...it was perfect! We then had guacamole and chips. They make the guacamole table side and it was comfort food! They also provide two salsas (one hot and one mild) along with chips as an appetizer. I ordered the the Baja tacos which were perfect. Light red snapper combined with fresh greens, avocado and Pico de gallo rolled up in a fresh flour tortilla. My husband opted for the California burrito which did not disappoint. It was chock full of goodies and served with a wonderful complimentary sauce on the side ( he opted for the carne asana version). The ambience was welcoming as it was recently remodeled and the service was excellent. We were too full to order dessert, but the menu has many enticing options so we will definitely be back...highly recommended for folks looking for that perfect Mexican Food fix in Bangkok!

2 Thank D T
Greetings D T,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband at Senor Pico. I can't thank you enough for this wonderful review. We are putting in a lot of effort to be the most authentic Mexican restaurant in Bangkok, and comments such as yours make it well worth it.

The Baja Tacos with red snapper is one of my favorite dishes, and the California burrito is extremely satisfying to say the least! I look forward to seeing you two again.