“The Best!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Under refurbishment and will reopen in December 2015
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I can't recommend Le Normandie enough. The best deal in town with their special lunch, 3 courses or 4 courses set price. We will keep going back.

1  Thank Sue D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed September 13, 2018

We recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at the majestic Mandarin Oriental Bangkok. We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks as always at the elegant Bamboo Bar – great atmosphere and wonderful service from the staff.
We booked our special dinner at the opulent Le Normandie Restaurant. This has been our anniversary venue every year for the past 7 years. We had a beautiful romantic table by the corner with fresh red roses overlooking the picturesque river.
We had the degustation menu which was a delight and the recommended wines complemented the dishes beautifully. The team was superb in ensuring that our evening was memorable and it truly was.
Thank you to Chef Arnaud and the kitchen team as well as the service team at Le Normandie for yet another great anniversary evening. We will definitely be back next year …

1  Thank AndrewLizTravellers
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear AndrewLizTravellers

Thank you for this splendid TripAdvisor review and for your patronage of Le Normandie.

It is a great pleasure for our entire team to welcome you back every year to celebrate this very special occasion.
Furthermore, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed once again the overall experience from the table setting to the food offering, quality of service and the magnificent view over the River of Kings.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we hope to have the immense pleasure of welcoming you again in a not too distant future, for another memorable experience at the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok

Maitre D'hotel

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

My family visit the restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday and pregrancy during our summer vacation. We were very satisfied because of excellent food, reasonable price, and perfect service.If I will go to Bangkok again, I will vist the restaurant again. 아이도 데리고 갔는데 아이용 메뉴도 있었습니다. 아마 호텔 다른 식당의 메뉴같았습니다. 아이는 피자를 시켰는데 부담되지 않는 가격이었습니다. 물은 에비앙을 줬는데 다소 비싸다고 느꼈습니다. 물은 주문하지 말고 다른 음료를 주문한걸 하는 생각이 들었습니다.

1  Thank Hong-Joo J
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Hong-Joo J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing Le Normandie for this very special celebration.

I am extremely glad to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us, especially in regard to the food offering and quality of service.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant and staff are warm and welcoming along with being very knowledgeable on the dishes and ingredients. Service is fantastic. Beautiful venue overlooking the river with beautifully set tables and fresh flowers that all combine to give a intimate special feeling. We both had the set discovery lunch. What I enjoyed is that you can taste the individual flavours, freshness and texture in each dish without them conflicting with one another. Overall a great experience and highly recommended

1  Thank Faisal M
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Faisal M

Thank you very much for writing a comment about your experience at Le Normandie on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely pleased to read that you joined us for lunch and enjoyed your experience, especially in regard to the food offering and service.

I have shared your comments with the team and they are glad to hear about them.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you again to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

My husband and I had an absolutely lovely anniversary dinner at Le Normandie. We chose to do the six course dining menu and they were very flexible when we requested to substitute a course for an ingredient we preferred. Highlights for us included the delicious crab in green curry and the lamb. The decor is luxurious and the service was superb. The wine menu was delicious - as we are lightweights we chose to only select two individual glasses rather than a bottle or pairing and all four we tried were tasty. The chef personally greeted us, a real treat! We were also gifted with a cake and flower as it was our anniversary - very kind! The view from our table was absolutely gorgeous. This restaurant is pricey, but it is absolutely worth every penny for a special occasion. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Rachel B
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear Rachel B

Thank you for this briliant review on TripAdvisor!

It gives me a great pleasure to read that you chose Le Normandie for this very special celebration and delighted that you enjoyed this experience with us, especially in regards to the food offering and service.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.