“Amazing experience! Totally worth it ”
Review of Le Normandie

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Under refurbishment and will reopen in December 2015
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We had our 2nd anniversary at Le Normandie. We were very happy for the services provided, attentive to every detail. The food is delicious, there are quite a handful of dishes in the set lunch menu and we were so full after the 2.5 hours lunch. To our surprise, there were still gold plated chocolate and sweets served after desserts. Our table is facing the river and the view is superb! It’s definitely one of the highlight in our Bangkok Trip. Thanks for the anniversary cake as well, it’s delicious!

MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Dear guanshengl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor.

Wow, I was delighted to read your fantastic review about your recent visit at Le Normandie. Thank you for this great compliment about the restaurant and our great service team. I will pass your kind words on to our team and I am thankful for your continuous patronage.

It would be my utmost pleasure to welcome you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok soon again.

Maître d'Hôtel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Le Normandie restaurant provided great food. service is also great. I celebrate the weeding anniversary with my wife and had a very great time and really enjoy the time there. The experience in Le Normandie is really a shinning highlight in Bangkok

1  Thank vernicec2013
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear vernicec2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your dining experience at Le Normandie. Thank you very much for this great comment about the quality of the menu and we were delighted to have you with us on your special occasion.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Excellent food, excellent service. The dessert is unexpected good and thanks for the souvenir (Macaroon). Love it very much.

1  Thank Lilian213
MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Dear Lilian213,

thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read your marvelous review about your recent dining experience at Le Normandie. I will pass on the compliments to our service and kitchen team.

It would be a true pleasure to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok soon again.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

This place was amazing. I was for a bussiness dinner with my wife and had an excellent experience. Food was delicious. The view was amazing. Try to have a cocktail before your lunch or dinner just to relax and enjoy the view.

Dear Ms_VanDeSteven,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor.

It was delightful to read your great review about your recent dining experience at Le Normandie. I am gald that you enjoyed the fantastic view over the River of Kings and that Chef Arnaud's cuisine was delighting your tastebuds.

Thank you again and I'm looking forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok soon again.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

The Normandie has always played an important role alongside the Oriental Hotel and has long been a landmark of the Bangkok dining scene. Aficionados of colonial romance will appreciate the history and cultural experience associated with this place. Classic French cuisine offers fine dining in its most opulent form. Expect only the best items and ingredients prepared by renown chefs and a wine list that will knock your socks off. As expected, this establishment offers immaculate service with a great view of the river. Fine diners will enjoy the sumptuous food beautifully prepared and served by five-star, highly attentive waiters and wine recommendations by the in-house sommelier. Not to miss: the cheese trolley to top off your very expensive meal. Five-stars for this classic dining experience $$$$$

MOBangkok, Manager at Le Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Christian S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor.

What a great delight to read your fantastic comment. Our whole team is thankful for such wonderful feedback and I will forward the compliments to the service and kitchen team. It was such a pleasure having you and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent dining experience at Le Normandie.