Le Normandie Restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Ranked #1 of 10,625 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Under refurbishment and will reopen in December 2015
Bangkok, Thailand
“Elegant it is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We do visit Le Normandie from time to time. This is of course an excellent place with exceptional services. Expect the very best quality of food here but they are not cheap at all. We were here with friends during lunch this time. The lunch menu offers good value for money indeed, unlike the very very expensive dinner. Personally, I love the decoration here, elegant indeed. However, the atmosphere here is not easy at all, feel some kind of pressure all the time.

• Visited September 2012

• Thai first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Absolute Delicacy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Everything on the plate is definitely, absolutely brilliant. The execution is superb and very professional. The room is lit up with warm light, orchids and chandeliers. The stunning panoramic view of Chao Praya River is the scene of the restaurant. The service is impeccable. Conclusion, food is impeccably delicious, service is excellent, atmosphere is divine, price is a bit high but understandable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The WORST First Impression!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was planning for my girlfriend birthday celebration and found this restaurant as the best choice to have this special occasion held. Therefore, I have sent an email to make a table reservation and received reply back from Restaurant manager . However, Once we was there, we were end up with the worst table location in the restaurant with staff car park view instead of river view that we should deserve, plus the funny lies from their managers.

I came at the reception and ask for my reservation, unfortunately the receptionist lady could not find my booking, so I showed a confirmation email from restaurant manager, but still she look loss and confuses then ask us to wait. This is totally unacceptable, as I have sent an email to restaurant manager week ago which he had already replied a proper confirmation.

after a long waiting, she came and escorted us to the worst table location ever in the restaurant, ....it's STAFF car park view...., so I asked her why we've got this table? since we made a booking in advance and this table is clearly a seat for walk-in customer, then she replied WITH NO REGRET that there was no table left and this is the only seat left (which mean, take it or leave it)

after that 10 mins, the French restaurant manager showed up and said that I've got your reservation email but for some reason, the booking wasn't put in the list (said with NO REGRET), however, we've got the table for you, we hope you will enjoy..blah blah balh.....

Well, to be very honest, they should be ashamed on what they have done to me....screwed up my birthday celebration. Not only missing my reservation, but put us on the worst table location ever, also lied to me that even they received your booking, still i would get the same seat....

During the lunch, we looked at one reserved table on the riverside, there wasn't occupied until we left...so the restaurant just left it empty instead of putting us....how bad they were....

As we are local THAI Resident,.....I am not sure if we are foreigner, restaurant manager and staff would provide us a better service recovery and what's so called 'higher standard of services' that we can expect from 5 stars hotel??? To be honest, I felt that had been discriminated from the restaurant at my own motherland.

what the worst service recovery from this 'what so called' number#1, 5 stars hotel in Thailand...

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Minaseyahi2011
MOBangkok, Food & Beverage Manager at Le Normandie Restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Minaseyahi2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience and I appreciate you taking the time to complete a restaurant review at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. I am delighted that we were able to further discuss your concerns and reach a resolution.

Once again, I would like to share my sincere apologies. Your loyalty to, and patronage of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and Le Normandie is greatly valued and I very much hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Normandie in the not too distant future. When your plans bring back to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, please contact me personally so I can make the necessary arrangements on your behalf – my email address is thomask@mohg.com

Thomas Kinsperger
Food & Beverage Manager
Manitoba
“A veritable taste sensation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The writer sampled the french cuisine at this restaurants prix fixe lunch and found it to be one of the finest meals enjoyed outside of France or Quebec. Service is excellent, the cuisine presented beautifully in elegant surroundings. Overall there is nothing to top this dining experience, it rates a 10 out of 10.

Visited January 2013
San Carlos, CA
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The service here was truly superb, and the food was delicious. The sauces for the desserts were prepared by hand and had beautiful floral designs in them. They were almost too pretty to eat! A great experience.

Visited January 2013

Been to Le Normandie Restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok? Share your experiences!