“Great View but the food is not at the same level”

Le Normandie Restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Ranked #4 of 11,388 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Under refurbishment and will reopen in December 2015
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is not my first visit and it is always a shock out of the tiny elevator to get in that room with a magnificent view of the Chao Praya studded chiness boat lit.
The restaurant is beautifully lit huge bouquet of flowers lit from within.
However I found the quality of food and service quite banal less attentive to a place as prestigious.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is like being in another world. The dinning room is so elegant and the attention to detail is overwelming. The wait staff are in dinner jackets and they delight in providing service which is amongst the finnest you will experience in a restaurant anywhere in the world.
The food is brllliant with every mouthful being a fine food lovers delight.
Request one of the front tables which looks out over the Chau River. This is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

It been since last three years ago that I havn t been here , but this time I can only say oh my god! . The food is so so beautiful ,don't missed the dessert !

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We first went to this restaurant in 2008 and thought it excellent even though we'd just been to Le Cinq and the restaurant at the Ritz in Paris. Le Normandie wasn't quite Le Cinq, but it had a wonderful view of the river (if you asked for a river view table when booking). We returned this year and the food and view were still wonderful and there was still a Maitre D' from Paris and a piano player (though different ones to those in 2008). The restaurant is dressy and very elegant - the first time we went the restaurant phoned us (I think twice) to say suits were the dress for men (they've probably had people arrive in shorts and sandals in the past). I'd highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Luxury fit-out as per the standard of most fine dining restaurants in Mandarin Oriental around the world. Excellent value for set lunch in my opinion.
The entree, main were both impressive. Usually the main in restaurants always let me down however Le Normandie was an exception, both of our main being the lamb cutlet & the barramundi were succulent and well presented.
The deserts tray and the way the waiters paint a picture using different cream were astonishing.
Thailand does not have Michelin guide however this restaurant in my opinion is worth 2 star.

Been to Le Normandie Restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok? Share your experiences!