“Complimentary lunch”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bang Rak
Description: Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok's signature Thai restaurant has been transformed into a miniature palace serving fine Thai cuisine. A lavish Thai buffet lunch is served daily and guests can also enjoy a gourmet set dinner menu accompanied by the region's most spectacular cultural performance and dance show nightly. A welcome addition is the Terrace Rim Naam, an open-air pavilion adjacent to the restaurant overlooking the splendid Chao Phraya River.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Unfortunately not able to partake of complimentary lunch but casual visit again reinforced our choice of special location for special event

Reviewed November 28, 2013

There is no better way to enjoy typical Thai cuisine in great comfort than this restaurant. It is across the river from the hotel, but reachable by shuttle boat every few minutes. It is not inexpensive, but delivers value for money. One has the choice of a la carte, or buffet. And there is a choice of outdoor seating right on the river or in a traditional Thai building.

MOBangkok, F&B Coordinator at Sala Rim Naam at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear skyhoosier,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your dining experience at Sala Rim Naam; and thank you for taking your time to post such a fantastic review in particular regarding the magical location at the Chao Phraya River. I have shared your compliments with Restaurant Manager Khun Somnuk and his team and they are glad to know about your positive feedback. Thank you for your recommendations; we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Julia Wuelfing
F&B Coordinator

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had high expectations as this is billed as one of the best restaurants in the city, but it doesn't live up to the reputations. The appetizers were excellent, but the rest of the courses were decidedly average. I had expected exceptional food, given the prices and reputation, but it didn't come close. The waiter brought us bottled water, we later found out that it was $10/bottle! Which is ridiculously expensive. The drinks were great. The service was average. I would not recommend it, nor return myself.

1  Thank Megan D
Reviewed November 20, 2013

What a deception!
For our last evening we wanted to make a very good Thai restaurant. Great views overlooking the river, but a poor service !
The waiter was too talkative, always skipping, not listening to our requests. I have order sticky rice with my lobster and had steam rice instead, my friend order vegetable with her lobster and the waiter forgot to bring it, we had to ask at the end. Food is OK, but not amazing. Last point, we did not tip him for the bad service, and he show his dissatisfaction, with not saying good bye.
For the supposed quality and service of the Oriental we are very disappointed.

MOBangkok, F&B Coordinator at Sala Rim Naam at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear marc a,

We always strive to deliver the best levels of service to our guests and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to do so. This is certainly not the magical experience we want our valued guests to have while dining at Sala Rim Naam. Should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail, I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you personally. I can be reached at julia@mohg.com or via +66(0)2659 9000.

Kind regards,

Julia Wuelfing
F&B Coordinator

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We chose this place as our tour guide recommended the dinner show in Bangkok, where we could enjoy the show while eating.
Upon the arrival, I was impressed by the traditional atmosphere. In fact, there was 2 types of seating : traditional type and modern type. Of course we picked the traditional ones.
The scale of the show was a bit small, not as my expectation. So for me, it was a little pricey.
But the service was absolutely good. The food was delicious.
For me, it's worth the trip.