“Afternoon Tea....not really”

Ranked #3,661 of 11,173 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First I must say the instructions to get to this place are not clear at all. If it's such a famous place, where is the sign ? I ended up at some random persons house by using Google maps to the exact address.

Here goes the review!

Afternoon tea....not by British standards , I would say this is a glorified cafeteria (internet cafe). I had to get in line for a choice of Tea or Coffee or Soda. Then choose a few cakes.No sandwiches or other choices of deserts.

Self serve, no table service, the place was so so, nothing like whats expressed on the website.
Seeing people work away with backpacks and laptops is not my version of Afternoon Tea in a Colonial house.

Sorry to say it, but Bangkok has more to offer then this off the track cyber cafe.

Sure its pretty inside, but that's where it ends. Tea was good, but where isn't tea good.

Cakes were cakes.

4  Thank MCLocal
There are newer reviews for Agalico

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Spent the better part of a Saturday morning/afternoon here with friends. Very comfortable surroundings, great garden and good sweets. This will become one of my must visits whenever I am in Bangkok.

1  Thank HR Dude
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Fresh food, really good tea, I spend a very great family moment over there with my husband and my 5 years-old daughter. Too bad that it is opened only on the weekends. It was delicious, I truly recommend it !!!

Reviewed February 17, 2012

After a 15 minutes walk from Thonglor bts, we reached this secret spot hidden in a lane. There was no direction or signage on the way from the station.We missed the entrance and walked pass it on the first time. After searching along the lane for a little while, we finally met the security guard by its door and he let us in.

The moment we stepped into the house, we immediately forgot all about the heat outside. In front of us was an alluring living room with classical music playing in the background. It felt like in a dream.

Agalico adapted a house with nearly a hundred years old into a beautiful, elegant and cozy cafe filled with white furnitures. Dashes of colors were found in very corner by plants and flowers, cabinets of tea-leaf cans, fluffy cushions and antique teacups and saucers. The floor to ceiling windows introduced sunshine into the room which made everything bright and beautiful. The tropical garden outside formed an appealing backdrop for the house. Delectable home-made cakes meticulously displayed on their stands along the bar table. We felt tranquil while sipping coffee and having a slice of cake.

It was a Saturday afternoon and the place was slowly filled up with groups of ladies and beautiful couples. Thought they were all being tempted by the delicious dessert and peacefulness here. This little cafe is certainly a place worth visiting. Spending a weekend afternoon here reading a book and enjoying a coffee is simply divine. And here is an important tip: the cafe only opens on weekends from 10am to 6pm.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Only open on weekand. Every food is home made so they are very fresh and delicious.

Simply recommend.