New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #477 of 834 Hotels in Bangkok
Oshawa, Canada
“First stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Was OK... I'd stay again but definitely a different room... There was a generator running all night long. Clean rooms, friendly staff but over priced food. They have a free shuttle going to skytrain and subway even though it's not a far walk. If you know the Bangkok area this hotel is right next to the banyon tree (vertigo bar) worth a look if your staying in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Chaydon at Sathorn is a comfortable property with sizable rooms, decent breakfast and a convenient location. Though you would miss the lack of street side food vendors while at this place, their restaurant below is good enough to serve you a meal at the right price.

This is a good property if you are out for business in Silom area or if in Bangkok as a tourist, especially if on a group tour. The place is about 5 kms from MBK and next door to Banyan tree in Bangkok. The MRT train station is about less than a km and the nearest sky train is around 1 km or a little more

Few points to improve

The king size bed are actually two single beds joined together....not acceptable
The wifi is poor sometime
The break is good but repeated same every day...need variety

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I moved to this place after not so far located Baan Saladaeng, and was completely happy after with this hotel. As I've already mentioned in the headline, it is new (renovated), clean and cheap. These is small clumsy fitness. Hotel provides simple but eatable breakfast, which I would rather like, than not.
The location in not so perfect - 10-15 minutes from BTS station by walk. The other minus is the staff - I can say the do the job mechanically, and quire rude. But any way, I was staying there for 3 nights, and found this is exactly the place which I need as business hotel.

Room Tip: Try their Superior Room, dear reader...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Seminyak, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

nice small hotel, near to sathorn and silom area.
nearest BTS is lumpini park BTS, average breakfast but clean place
staying in this hotel definitely worth for traveller who not spend most their time in the room.
they (i don't know now) used to have a small coffee shop at hotel entrance, which will switch into a beer palace in the evening.

nearby location:
australian and malaysian embassy, Banyan tree hotel, Metropolitan hotel and walkin distance to patpong/silom area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank poly_only
Ubon Ratchathani
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chaydon Hotel Sathorn from 19July-23Jul. Excellent location for the Silom area and Lumpini Park, The BTS train service and the Sky Train were all near by. Close to most Foreign Embassies. The following you should make sure you have read about the hotel through internet booking write ups or directly at the Chaydon web site.
1. When confirming your booking make certain you have the room with a window, because there are rooms that have no windows and they fall under the economy rate.I missed it, but I must say the hotel management gave me a room with a window that did not open. But I was happy with that. I was just worried not having natural light for a 5 day stay would be considered living with Dracula.
2. Check with any hotel you book with in Bangkok if they are going to have groups of Chinese people staying because you will blow a gaskit no matter how calm a person you are. They are so noisy, banging doors, talking loudly down from one corridor to another, sounds like they are communicating with each other from two different sides of Mount Everest.
3. The dinning room for breakfast seemed to be hit by a bomb. I have never seen humans behave in such bad taste. Older woman coughing up phlegm and follow up by taking more pills and coughing up again. Well mannered people will go to the restrooms quickly as possible to take care of their personal issues.
4. I will now check every hotel booking I make to check if there are Chinese groups booked,not pleasant. I had no choice but to leave my breakfast as I was about to throw up myself. I am sure there are many other well bred and well mannered Chinese people who know about life and how to act and behave in hotels or public places.
5. The disappointment was that the hotel staff did nothing, but just looked on.
6. Please don't loose your key as there is a 300 Baht charge for a new plastic key card. If you find the original key and bring it back upon checkout , you won't get charged. As the front office and lounge staff were all very nice, courteous and helpful, one receptionist was not, otherwise I had no other problems there and will return provided there are no Chinese groups booked in. .

Room Tip: Check your hotels to ensure there are no Chinese groups booked in during the same time as your own s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank RobertDaleJohnG
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel website bills this as a luxury hotel. It is not. There is no pool (the website says there is), the "fitness room" is severely lacking, and the bathrooms are just passable. It's clean, but not super comfortable. I was booked here on business and was disappointed when I arrived, based on the website.
That being said, it is affordable. There is pretty good free wifi. The front desk speaks little English, but you can manage to communicate.
A maid came into my room at 7:30 am on morning, unclear why, while I was still sleeping.
The breakfast buffet is big, with both Thai and Western morning food. The tea is terrible and always tastes like coffee. I have no idea why.
Also, do not use the amenities unless you want to be charged. They charged me for the toothpaste, which I thought was free. There are no signs. They do provide a bottle of water per day for free, however.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked this hotel two days ago via booking.com and stated I would need an early check in as I was coming early in the morning. When I got here I was informed that it could not be accommodated because the hotel was fully booked. Which was fine, no problem. So I sat on the sofa and waited. Having been on a bus overnight I started falling asleep and other staff came in, started speaking in Thai and laughing at me. They were looking in my direction and everything. No attempt to disguise it. That was disrespectful because in the first place it was not my fault there was no where else to go. When people started checking out a few minutes later I figured as a paying customer I would be offered a room ASAP. Nothing. I went to that disgusting bigotedab at the front desk to ask when a room will be ready and I was told I would need to wait three hours. What the hell for? So I lost patience and told the supervisor to cancel my booking and not charge me anything because the staff were treatinge like I was begging to stay there. She then upgraded my room but did not offer an apology and the idiots at the front desk were still snickering. I just came from Phuket were everybody was so amazing towardse. These idiots at Chaydon are a disgrace to the beautiful nature of Thai people. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff are soooooooo disgusting. They ruined my start to Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank TheDarkLady

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels