I recently stayed at the Chaydon Hotel Sathorn from 19July-23Jul. Excellent location for the Silom area and Lumpini Park, The BTS train service and the Sky Train were all near by. Close to most Foreign Embassies. The following you should make sure you have read about the hotel through internet booking write ups or directly at the Chaydon web site.
1. When confirming your booking make certain you have the room with a window, because there are rooms that have no windows and they fall under the economy rate.I missed it, but I must say the hotel management gave me a room with a window that did not open. But I was happy with that. I was just worried not having natural light for a 5 day stay would be considered living with Dracula.
2. Check with any hotel you book with in Bangkok if they are going to have groups of Chinese people staying because you will blow a gaskit no matter how calm a person you are. They are so noisy, banging doors, talking loudly down from one corridor to another, sounds like they are communicating with each other from two different sides of Mount Everest.
3. The dinning room for breakfast seemed to be hit by a bomb. I have never seen humans behave in such bad taste. Older woman coughing up phlegm and follow up by taking more pills and coughing up again. Well mannered people will go to the restrooms quickly as possible to take care of their personal issues.
4. I will now check every hotel booking I make to check if there are Chinese groups booked,not pleasant. I had no choice but to leave my breakfast as I was about to throw up myself. I am sure there are many other well bred and well mannered Chinese people who know about life and how to act and behave in hotels or public places.
5. The disappointment was that the hotel staff did nothing, but just looked on.
6. Please don't loose your key as there is a 300 Baht charge for a new plastic key card. If you find the original key and bring it back upon checkout , you won't get charged. As the front office and lounge staff were all very nice, courteous and helpful, one receptionist was not, otherwise I had no other problems there and will return provided there are no Chinese groups booked in. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Sathorn business district,Chaydon Sathorn Bangkok is your gateway to Thailand's colourful capital. Surrounded by the consulate, embassies, immigration, office buildings as well as Silom shopping mall, Suan Lum Night Bazaar and Lumpini boxing stadium, the hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. Featuring 108 comfortable and affordable rooms all equipped with complimentary internet connection, you simply can't go past this charming boutique style hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Chaydon Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Seasons Sathorn Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- All Seasons Bangkok
- Accor Sathorn Bangkok