“Good budget hotel.”
Review of Chaydon Bangkok

Chaydon Bangkok
Ranked #666 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed there for one night as we had to get an early bus the next morning to Cambodia so we took the budget room.
It needed a fresh coat of paint but apart from that it severed it's purposes.
The shower was nice and hot.
The bed was comfortable.
The gym facilities were good.

Their shuttle service didn't go ahead tho as they said their vehicle was unsafe.

However it is cheap to stay there so we couldn't complain and we had a good rest before a long journey ahead the next day.

I'm sure their more expensive rooms would be a lot more modern and nicer.

It Is a bit out of the way but not too far from an underground train station.

If you're just passing by then the budget room is ideal.

1  Thank YoureMyWonderwall
There are newer reviews for Chaydon Bangkok

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel. Room size was good, bathroom ok. The bed was very comfy. Very close to lumphini mrt. Nothing happens much around this area at night time, but close by to silom area restaurants.

2  Thank alejovalle
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We booked the economy room, shown with two windows on the booking website. The first room shown was without any window. After asking for a room with windows we got another room, still not the same layout as in the photo and located next to noisy generators. The room doesn´t seem to be in use very often, had dirty walls and towels. The chair shown in the photo was also missing. For this price you can get better accomodation in the area.

Room Tip: They said economy rooms don´t have windows. In this case they put the wrong photos then.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Koalosito
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed four days in the first week of last October in the hotel. In my view, it was a good value for money. The accommodation was very good; the room was clean. There is a restaurant at the ground floor to provide food at reasonable priice. There is a massage centre at the ground floor too. Taxi service is available there any time. Consiidered overall, my stay there was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Rooms - clean room tho slightly older than those shown in the pictures on their website. Showering not comfortable as the water turned cold after a while. Towels are clean but with spots.

Breakfast - this is not included in the room rates. At 250 bhat, I got a very lousy breakfast buffet. They serve some vegetable fried rice and noodles, watermelon and almost dried papaya, etc which I don't even bother to try. I'd head to town to get a more decent and less pricy food.

Service - There is no tuk tuk service to the nearest BTS, train station. Their staffs don't even know of this service. Probably they do not speak much English and do not understand my question. However, walking to the nearest station is about 15 minutes away. One compliment, one of the staff was helpful enough to get me an adapter so I don't have to run around the town looking for one.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Chaydon (formerly All Seasons by Accor) is very well located on Sathorn Road, close to many embassies (Malaysia, Singapore, Australia) and the several office complexes on Sathorn Road. Its ideal for business guests. We stayed for 4 nights in the Executive Room which was spacious. The room was clean, and the housekeeping was satisfactory. A small complaint was that the TV channels are very limited for international guests. The room service we ordered was very good on three occassions. The breakfast isn't very elaborate but not bad to fill your stomach, and good enough for a mid market hotel. The front desk staff are a bit slow, our check-in and check-out was a bit slow but it isn't that big an issue. The only complaint I had was that the soundproofing of the rooms suck! We had a room on the 5th floor where the hotel has a large common balcony of sorts, and other guests on the floor were out and about till late night, and the noise levels kept on increasing. We could hear everything, my wife had to actually go out and request them politely to shut up!! I'm not sure if this is a problem on all floors.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 5th floor close to the elevator!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Recently stayed at Chaydon Sathorn for one night, I chose to stay here because of its convenient location - with only 10 minutes walk to Lumpini MRT, a few steps to the Alliance Francaise where I made an appoinment with my friends on the following days and of course, it is is the downtown of Bangkok!!

I booked the superior room from the website, with less than THB 1,000 a night. After arrived at the hotel, I have been advised by the receptionist that the room is not yet ready. As I have to quickly get change for the evening party, I asked if there is other room available for me to check in - I am happy to pay extra. Luckily that one of the Executive rooms on the 5th floor is ready, I paid THB 500 for an upgrade - which is affordable.

The room is clean (#508) located at the far end of the walk way - like it as it is away from the elevator. There are complimentary WIFI internet, coffee and tea sachets, and 2 bottles of drinking water provided in room. Toothbrush and Toothpaste are not on a complimentary basis - if you don't wish to pay please do not use them.

My shirts and pants needs to be ironning, the hotel can provide you an iron for self service upon request or send them to the laundry service - one shirt cost about THB 110.

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful - recentionist, housekeeping, bellboy and security gard. Other hotel facilities: gym, roof top space, parking lots, salon, massage shop, restaurant and bars.

Over all, this is a good budget hotel in the middle of business quatier. I would definitely come to stay here again when I have a meeting or have to discuss on the business in Sathorn. No need to wake up early and stuck or jam on the bad morning traffic in Bangkok - traveling from my home in Bangkok to Sathorn in the morning would take about 2 hours.

Thank you for a good stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business