Centara Grand at CentralWorld
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,835 results
All reviewscentral worldred skyuno masworld restaurantworld clubconvention centersky barshopping malltennis courtssky walkstar hotelthe ground floorclub floorplatinum mallsiam centrebig cdirect access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is my first time staying in central world hotel although I travel to Bkk several times a year for the past 10 years. I was totally appalled by the treatment by the staff. I booked this hotel for my anniversary stay and was glad to be ungraded to executive level. Upon check in, I didn't aware I'm upgraded until I saw the level in the lift indicated executive floor. I asked if I could use the lounge and the staff said I could. After check in, we went to the lounge. The was an small reception desk and we have to give our room number to the access. They invited us in personally and serve us drinks! We stayed there for an hour and my kids really enjoyed the view. The following day afternoon, when we were in the lounge to pick up some English papers, this guy (supervisor) came up to me and said we are forbid to use the lounge in an abrupt and hostile manner! I told him politely yet firmly that we were allowed to the access since the day before. Ths blunt and untactful staff replied we could use it for "this time" only. I didn't argue, after all we were upgraded. I wrongly assume his english "this time only" meant for only today. So I waited for my kids to finish off their work and leave. Shortly, he came with a letter that I leave now or I'll be charge! It sounds like "prosecutor" letter!! Gosh, I couldn't believe it. I thought he said "this time only"??? So it actually meant "leave now!!". Immediateky, I retaliated that the staff should have stopped us to the access since there is an added security procedures at this level, room number to be given before they allowed any guest to use the lounge service. I felt humiliated. We always booked the executive club suite whenever we travel to any part of the world because my kids would not wake up early for breakfast. They prefer the small bites which usually served in the lounge and serve Internet at their free will. I didn't booked the club level this time because it was only 2 nights. Moreover, there is a big mall attached
to this hotel and doubt we have the time to use the lounge. We always stay at the Marriot or Hyatt chain hotels. My kids were curious about this hotel lounge since its our first time. We didn't consume any of their liquors while we were up at the lounge. We had some snacks and that's
about it!
Why should we be treated in such manners?
We didn't ask for the upgrade!
We didn't sneak in but was given the permission to access!
The hotel management should have handle this more professionally, do not treat us like scum!
Last but not least, I approached the manager and she was not aware of what happened. She seems very apologetic and even offered us a free dinner but we decline! She promised to query and return with a favorable reply but she didn't . We checked out the following day and a ruined 12th anniversary indeed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Ling M
CGCW, Resident Manager at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the extremely poor service that you encountered during your recent stay with us.

This is not the standard to which we operate at Centara Grand at CenralWorld and I was most alarmed with the attitude of our Supervisor at the World Executive Club Lounge.

Corrective action will be taken immediately with a review of upgrade to the World Executive Club Lounge and service procedures in general in this area.

We value your comments and again must apologize that your anniversary was not the happy one you had planned for.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience the positive changes and thank you for your comments.

Best regards,
John Kendes
Resident Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been to Bkk a lot many times but for the first time we stayed at Centara Grand BKK. we were 4 adults and 2 kids. firstly there's always anxiety when you're trying to scan through so many reviews and then book through the net by choosing the hotel simply by the website's amazing photo gallery. that's a risk one takes and the enitre holiday would depend on that, however with Centara you always get more than what you expect. we reached bkk at 7pm. and had asked for connecting rooms, however they informed us at check-in that those rooms are unavailable and pronto without delay as they knew we were coming from a tiring journey with 2 small kids they upgraded us to the club suite 50th floor, this was heaven. The hotel is great in every respect. check-in starts on the 23rd floor. you can see the unbeliveble bkk sky line. they have a RED sky bar on the 55th floor which has the most amazing view. Very convienient for going shopping as the elevator from the hotel takes you right into the mall at central world- one of the biggest shopping centers with fine eateries, amenity stores, shopping arcades, multiplex etc. The only flip side is that, for smoking one has to come to the 23rd floor outside lobby and if you are to take a sky train, the hotel bridge is located in the middle of 2 stations, however its a 3-5 min walk either side to Siam Square/MBK and that too through a shopping mall. which is amazing. Would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone who can afford the same. the staff is exceptionally courteous and very helpful. apart from the great location, designer rooms etc. I think the attitude of the staff is the most important factor and I would rate the staff a 10 on that.

Room Tip: Higher the better for a great view of the entire city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank Vikmag
CGCW, Manager at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your review.
It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us and that you love the ambience of the hotel.
Also it is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. It’s something our staff takes great pride in. I will pass your compliments on to them. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, as all the other comments it is smack bang in the middle of Bangkok, perfect for shopping and getting around.

The hotel is amazing, the rooms are huge and the views to die for, the bathroom had a massive round bath in it, didn't really do much in the hotel as was out on day trips most of the time but it was a definitely great experience whilst in the hotel.

You must try the roof Top bar for a drink its amazing, the wifi was free in the lobby but they did a deal for 99baht a day for your entire stay so it cost me 297 baht (around £6).

Would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Saufboy

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your very kind comment, we always do our very best to make our guests happy.
It sounds as if you enjoyed your Centara Grand experience, and we are very happy indeed to hear from you. See you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Tough to fault this hotel - it deserves a 5-star rating for its location alone. Get out of the lift on the 23rd, head towards Bangkok Convention Centre, take the lift down to level 7, short walk through the carpark, and you'd hit Central World - what a breeze! From Central World, Paragon Siam Square, or Chitlom, are all within your reach. Or, if you are heading for Platinum Mall, then exit Central World on the Isetan side, continue to walk left - look out for the Platinum Mall building and head towards that. A short 5-min walk and you'd be there!
Supporting the hotel's run for a 5-star rating is the fact that the hotel is clean, modern and very impressive views all round. Plus a great gym for a great workout - to counter all the Bangkok eating and drinking - and you have an almost perfect hotel. The rooftop bar is excellent for an after dinner chill-out late into the night.
So, what gives?
A subtle but permanent stench of sewerage on the 23rd level, poor and slow room service - wine opener took two calls and over half hour before someone turned up with it (happened not once, not twice, but three times!) - and room service food is but one-star. Plus - frontline staff who don't speak enough English to give even basic directions. and a lift system that allows anyone and everyone to take the lift to any floor without a need to insert any security card - and it all don't add up to a 5-star experience somewhat.
Still, my family and I enjoyed the hotel thoroughly and we do look forward to coming back here again, perhaps we'll spend more time in the hotel to enjoy the facilities and give my views then. Like I said, this hotel's location alone is worth its weight in gold. Can't comment about details of service etc as wasn't around half as much to do justice with any observations. Will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wjng

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. It's good to hear from you and to know that you have enjoyed your Centara Grand experience. Thank you very much Looking forward to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

After staying at Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort in Pattaya, the rooms looked small.
The location is very good, and very central, with lots of Shopping centres and Markets nearby (walking distance).
The hotel is attached to the Central Mall, which is the biggest and most modern and latest mall in Bangkok. You can go to the mall direct from your hotel.
The rooms are little bit small. We booked a family room for 2 adults and 2 children. There were 2 double beds (not the Queen beds) in the room, and they wanted to put extra beds. As the room was small that we told them not to put extra bed as it will be very congested. The rooms were clean and modern, with big and nice bathroom. The staff was friendly and courteous. The breakfast was very nice with the wide selection. The taxis are available readily, hardly any Taxi go with meter, so one has to decide the price first.
The reception of this hotel is on 24th Floor, so if you are coming from ground level, you take a lift to level 24 and then take another lift to your floor. The lifts were plenty and fast.The hotel is a clean city hotel, and over all it was good
100 THB a day for the WiFi, and you can connect as many devices you like.

Room Tip: The room titles are quite confusing, be careful when booking the room. Make sure you get the room that you have booked. The rooms at higher level has good view of the Bangkok
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CGCW, Manager at Centara Grand at CentralWorld, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your review.

It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us. Also it is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. It’s something our staff takes great pride in. I will pass your compliments on to them.

Again thank you for your compliments and we all hope we may welcome you again at Centara Grand at CentralWorld.