This was our first trip to Thailand. This hotel is sited close to the Skytrain station at Siam and the shopping centres at CentralWorld and MBK. This is a very impressive hotel with excellent lifts to the main reception where you get another lift to your bedroom floor.
Our room was really comfortable with a great view across the Bangkok skyline. A very large shower and bathtub and a really comfortable double bed. The room was very clean and the maid service kept everything really fresh. The staff on the reception floor are really friendly and knowledgeable about where to eat.
One great example of their willingness to please saw them opening up the outside terrace to allow my wife and I to take pictures. The terrace was closed for refurbishment -we did not ask to be let outside the staff just wanted to please.
Breakfast menu's are varied and cater for western and eastern palettes. Plenty of choice although we felt the breakfast did not live up to the top notch quality of the rest of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for couples who want to stay close to the action in this bustling city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated right at the heart of the city, Bangkok has a state of the art Convention Centre, fully integrated with a Five Star Hotel and world class shopping and entertainment facilities. The Bangkok Convention Centre and the Centara Grand together make a stunning landmark on the city skyline. Inspired by the shape of a blooming lotus and its symbolic theme of the four elements of life: water, earth, air and fire, Bangkok has a new icon. Connected to CentralWorld, Bangkok's world class shopping centre which incorporates hundreds of retail and dining outlets including leading brand names such as Isetan Department store and 15 movie theatres, the whole development constitutes a unique and unbeatable combination of meeting, business, accommodation, entertainment and shopping facilities all together in one place - CentralWorld. Situated in the heart of Bangkok's business district, delegates will also find many Tourist attractions within easy reach. Easy access to the BTS (Skytrain), which also links to the MRTS (Sub Way) network and convenient access by car and coach to Rajdamri Road and Rama 1 Road provide convenient connections to other areas in the city centre and the inbound and outbound expressway - and Suvarnabhumi Airport is just half an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Centara Grand at CentralWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand And Bangkok Convention Centre At Centralworld:
- Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre At Centralworld: Hotel Bangkok
- Centara Grand At Centralworld Bangkok