“A small part of Lyon (France) in town.”
Review of Le Bouchon

Le Bouchon
Ranked #143 of 12,389 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Reviewed October 29, 2015

As I am born in Lyon I went to le Bouchon and I met Mr Serge owner and soul of the place. In Patpong 2 in the middle of Silom area. Bts Sala Daeng. Easy to find. So good...

2  Thank Yvesphilippe

Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

I can t find words to describe how fine this French classic keeps surprising me. The frog legs are to die for. The dory fish is unique. The duck is cooked to perfection. And Serge is always there to make sure that we are well taken care of...Merci merci merci..Encore encore encore :)

Reviewed October 13, 2015

So many years, still great classic French food. Smiling service and always good quality food. Good to meet people at the "aperitif" time, good wine list. one of the best beef tartar in town.

Reviewed September 25, 2015

This restaurant has been a steady place for more years than I can recall
The ambiance with the regular expats sitting at the bar reminds of the French cafes of Lyon ( hence the name of the restaurant )
The food has always been great and I have never been disappointed

Reviewed September 19, 2015

I've lived in Bangkok for 9 years, but had never got around to eating at Le Bouchon. Last night I finally had the time and inclination to go there, and was pretty hopeful given the reviews and attitude of the management.

I don't really feel compelled to talk about the location, though to be sure, it's in a seedy and depressing area of town. Some people drop a star because of that, but that's a little unfair, I feel.

What they should be dropping stars for are the following: too dim lights, tired decor; corner cutting, like a wedge of lime with the fish instead of lemon, and unremarkable, overpriced food.

The mussels were local and weeny (260 baht). The seabass (580) was small and overshadowed by dull, limp veg and odd choices, like thin slices of tomato. For the price I expected a gloriously plump fillet that dominated the plate, and sensuous white wine sauce.

Both plates were very hot, and I got the sense that this is a ploy to mask deficiencies: hot food has less chance of irking customers.

Turns out that the Thai chef had knocked up my meal, not the owner. As ever in Thailand, Thais should really steer clear of Western food unless it's their passion and they've been extensively trained.